04/04/09 Meet & Greet Planning Thread with Survey for Site

What is your site preference for the 4/4 M&G?

• Breakwater

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MacAbee

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Lovers

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Corral Street

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the BW for the nice bathrooms. If we go to another site I'll have to bring a porta-potty or wear diapers. (man do I need to get that pee-valve installed) This weekends 1:08 long dive just about burst the bladder. Good thing we had lunch in Torerros right after.

Robin,

You are funny, I laughed hard when I read your post about your bladder almost bursting. I've heard about the diapers for females but not for males.

I wouldn't want that in my drysuit collecting moisture.... :rofl3:

I have the pee-valve installed in my suit but haven't used it. I believe Brandon has used it and I once asked him more on the subject, it's PG-13 so I will share.

He installs the catheter at home in the comfort of the home.

So I went home and tried to install the catheter and maybe I didn't try hard enough or take my time but it's tricky to place and once on you are not certain or should I say it feels like it could come off during the dive.

They have different size catheters, small, medium and large. The dive shops sell the mediums.

I need to practice one more time at home until I'm sure I know what the hell I'm doing. Then I will connect it and use it.

Brandon also said you need to turn the valve two complete turns counter-clockwise to make sure you open the valve otherwise the urine is not going to travel out.

I never pee-ed in my wetsuit and that's about 55 dives but man did I need to. I've yet to pee in my drysuit but then again I only have 7 dives in it. Cannot remember how long my longest dive has been.

But with wetsuit diving I have done over one hour shallow and needed to go.

I never would drink a lot of fluids when I dive just so I don't have to pee. However, I've heard you really need to hydrate inorder to keep better chance of not getting DCS sickness.

MG

You know that there are trees and the ocean for that :wink:

Trees, said he... Don't forget us girls!...said she. :)

P-Valves ROCK! I love mine - I don't want to get off topic here, but I highly recommend for any dry diver.

sorry for the diversion:::: back to the program

Go Breakwater!! I'd like to get some good macro shots of the nudis in the middle area there. I havent done that mid reef dive in a while and I dont seem to have good photos from that location.

So what is wrong with the Bunny Slopes anyway??? Sounds like there will be a lot of divers that will be diving in our group, what a better way to keep safety a number one concern.

A lot of divers here have tons of experience at BW and we can shar that with new divers that really haven't dove the BW.

Just me throwing in some encouraging talk for the BW.

MG

So what is wrong with the Bunny Slopes anyway??? ...

MG

Charge for parking (now $10!). Long walk from the upper lot because of the crowd. Silted up because of noob divers. Boring dive (when compared to other spots).

But hey, everyone knows where it is. :popcorn:

Hahaha.... Thanks for the insight Dan! But don't forget 'throwing kelp at other divers on the lawn during SI' as one of your favorite aspects of the BW. :)

Breakwater. Ugh. :depressed:

You mean you don't want to practice more valve drills and toxing diver rescues? I've got the valve drills dialed in midwater... in the pool, without my drysuit on.

You mean you don't want to practice more valve drills and toxing diver rescues? I've got the valve drills dialed in midwater... in the pool, without my drysuit on.

I'm still working on my left post, I can reach it fine, just can't turn it as fast as my right side. Right and isolator are down pat, fast and smooth. (All with thick unders and drysuit on, and without varying more than a foot in depth)

Toxing diver? Do I get to play the victim again? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom