Southwest To Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly....Southwest has been our preferred airline for several years. Ron uses it for work travel, we build up points and use those for free travel for vacations. BUT the biggest reason is the free bags. TWO free checked bags per person. When you travel with dive gear, it matters. We have had to fly AA to Coz in the past and those baggage fees add up.

You know that that FA has full power to have him removed from the plane, and even arrested for those actions.

Just for clarity, I was referring to a that someone might put overhead a @DandyDon checked bag size.
Yeah, my roll-on is full legal and as light as possible. I don't want to drag a 50# bag thru airports on connections. I even lighten it on return flights and put my reg in a checked bag.

You know that that FA has full power to have him removed from the plane, and even arrested for those actions.

Well of course see 1:40. Did I ever tell you about the Delta flight out Chicago that a guy lit a bowl in the back while we were taxiing out? A BOWL. AT HIS SEAT!

Yeah, my roll-on is full legal and as light as possible. I don't want to drag a 50# bag thru airports on connections. I even lighten it on return flights and put my reg in a checked bag.

I got sick of luggage. So we bought a place in Coz to keep it. I grab my backpack, charge my bose and my laptop and throw my dive watch in. Done.

Sadly, EVERY #$%^^$ time we are muling some crap down in giant duffles for us or someone else. Best was a bag full of medicine and bandages for the red cross. Big but really light. I got smart this trip and bought those strap on wheels. At least we still come home light.

Well of course see 1:40. Did I ever tell you about the Delta flight out Chicago that a guy lit a bowl in the back while we were taxiing out? A BOWL. AT HIS SEAT!
That's hilarious! Did they stop the flight? That wouldn't be quite as funny.

If only SW had first/biz class.
In the early days, all of the tickets were the same price. They didn't go up as the plane sold out.

I used to love First Class on Delta, but they left west Texas, and I don't travel enough to build points on another airline. My daughter used miles to upgrade for trips to China, and I agree - that's a long ways. For two hour flights, I'm fine sleeping in Coach. If I was in FC, I wouldn't sleep as I'd be taking advantage of the amenities.

That's hilarious! Did they stop the flight? That wouldn't be quite as funny.

Well we were taxiing and I notice the gate number when up and then started back down. I said, ok somethings wrong.

This was like the 3rd or 4th plane we tried get one. The first was down, the second had an issue, they lost the key to the 3rd or something. We had changed gates a few times. We were delayed a couple hours or so.

We pull back at the gate and I see the PD SUV coming up with lights on. I thought 'How could they not have found a guy with warrants or something during the delay?'

Cops on the plane. stomp stomp stomp to the back.

They come back with a clean cut guy carrying a back back in the army digital camo and quietly walked off. I thought weird.

We sat a little and backpack guy come back on.

Then again cops on the plane. stomp stomp stomp to the back.

This time they drag out a guy with dreads, pants around his ankles, prison tats etc who was complaining with a girl following them cursing and yelling.

Now the flight attendant come on and says we now have to wait for them to find and remove his bags in case it was a set up.

She told us about the weed and assured us we would get snack just as soon as we got airborne in case anyone got the munchies.

If only SW had first/biz class.

You keep you oppressive opinions to yourself. We are all equal!

upload_2019-9-27_14-14-50.jpeg

We are keeping SWA total equal. (Except for my exit row seat Mr B16. get back in line.)

No lording over the rest of us!!!

some_animals_are_more_equal_than_others__by_gasketfuse-d5bq5r1.png

I usually fly business. It includes checked bags, so really doesn't cost any (or much) more. You also get to board a little earlier, which means you're guaranteed to have room in the bin for both your carry-on items.

I flew First class once, to/from Cozumel. Actually the plane from Miami <-> Coz didn't have a first class section, so it was just business. From Miami to Tampa we got to sit in the fancy seats with the fancy folks. The seats were about as comfortable as a home recliner. All you can drink booze, tasty food. I quite enjoyed it. You get your own flight girl, too.. well you and six of your closest fancy friends. First class is definitely just paying more for better service.

Business class actually makes sense financially. It's very close to the same cost as a coach ticket and you get the aforementioned perks. Also, you get to skip the long lines in all the airports as both bus/first are separate there too.

I guess if you really want to fly on the cheap, southwest is ideal. If you're going to be checking a couple bags, and carrying on two more... having that snack and soda on the flight, etc.. I bet it's not all that much cheaper than a ticket on American.

I guess if you really want to fly on the cheap, southwest is ideal. If you're going to be checking a couple bags, and carrying on two more... having that snack and soda on the flight, etc.. I bet it's not all that much cheaper than a ticket on American.
I think you missed something here. I check two bags to & from Cozumel, which costs me $140 on top of the higher fare charged by American.
$225.50 + 212.69 = 438.19

That's a lot cheaper than my last trip, plus two bags free. I think I paid $790 with two checked bags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom