Info Nonstop AUS to COZ resuming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flight AA 3562 on Saturday is a NON-STOP from Austin to Cozumel and is operated with an Embraer 175 aircraft.

FTFY. Direct flights are not the same as non-stop.

FTFY. Direct flights are not the same as non-stop.
It doesn't stop along the the way which is commonly referred to as a 'direct' flight. On Saturday morning flight AA 3562 will leave Austin at 09:26 AM and proceed directly to Cozumel international airport (CZM) with projected arrival at 1206 PM.

It doesn't stop along the the way which is commonly referred to as a 'direct' flight. On Saturday morning flight AA 3562 will leave Austin at 09:26 AM and proceed directly to Cozumel international airport (CZM) with projected arrival at 1206 PM.
A "direct" flight technically only means it's a single flight number. It can have one or more stops between listed departure and arrival cities. It can even require a change of planes, although that is rare.

"Non-stop" means exactly that. No stops between the listed airports.

If this was just a usage issue then "direct" would gradually be replacing "non-stop" when talking about non stop flights. But usage doesn't override airline flight planning. If you see a "direct" routing from an airline, expect at least one stop.

Sorry, I was being didactic. In the US, “Direct” is often used interchangeably with “non-stop”. Non-stop is what you want. @lowwall nailed it in his description. They’re not the same.

Sorry, I was being didactic. In the US, “Direct” is often used interchangeably with “non-stop”. Non-stop is what you want. @lowwall nailed it in his description. They’re not the same.
If you need something over explained, I'm your man. My motto is "No caveats left unstated."

FWIW, immigration and customs in ABIA (the Austin airport) is a PITA. You must collect your luggage before you go through immigration, so first you have to wait for your bags and then you have to stand in line with them in order to be processed through I&C. If you come in on a wide body plane it can take a while; when we came in from Amsterdam on a big plane it took us nearly two hours to get out of that room. I'd rather deal with Houston.

FWIW, immigration and customs in ABIA (the Austin airport) is a PITA. You must collect your luggage before you go through immigration, so first you have to wait for your bags and then you have to stand in line with them in order to be processed through I&C. If you come in on a wide body plane it can take a while; when we came in from Amsterdam on a big plane it took us nearly two hours to get out of that room. I'd rather deal with Houston.
You don’t have Global Entry?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom