MESS AT COZUMEL AIRPORT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
TODAY, MARCH 13, I ran into the biggest mess seen since coming here 32 years ago.

First hint was that there were 6 planes at the gates, and two waiting for a gate. With Southwest we did not wait for a gate…but once stoped it was a 20 minute wait before we were let off. The reason was communicated to us that the immigration was overflowing into the ramp—and was it ever! Another 20 minutes trying to squeeze into the completely packed immigration, to wait another 45 minutes to pass into baggage claim. And then another 30 minutes to get the bags.

Everything was a crowded mess, even the taxi area. I don't think I will ever return to Cozumel during Spring Break! I hope you have better luck for your trip.

Dave Dillehay
Villa Aldora

If flying in from Mexico City, do we go through a different area than the other flights? We are flying home through Mexico City as well

TODAY, MARCH 13, I ran into the biggest mess seen since coming here 32 years ago.

First hint was that there were 6 planes at the gates, and two waiting for a gate. With Southwest we did not wait for a gate…but once stoped it was a 20 minute wait before we were let off. The reason was communicated to us that the immigration was overflowing into the ramp—and was it ever! Another 20 minutes trying to squeeze into the completely packed immigration, to wait another 45 minutes to pass into baggage claim. And then another 30 minutes to get the bags.

Everything was a crowded mess, even the taxi area. I don't think I will ever return to Cozumel during Spring Break! I hope you have better luck for your trip.

Dave Dillehay
Villa Aldora
It may have been more due to flight delays than because of Spring Break. A similar thing happened to us once on a random day in April. We were on the third of four planes that got there at almost the same time; we were standing in the Immigration line longer than we had been in the air from Houston. Some friends who were on a flight that was supposed to have gotten to Cozumel a couple of hours before us were still in line when we got there.

But yeah, it was definitely a mess.

Semana Santa

That’s not for two weeks
Arriving guests at the Villa Aldora said they just flew through immigration. Maybe my problem yesterday was just the odds catching up to me…live and learn. I guess Gordon was right about flight delays elsewhere.

Dave Dillehay

So yesterday AA had an extra DFW to CZM flight for spring break. First time I have ever seen a third scheduled flight. Late out of DFW due to a ramp closure (lightening) and it was almost 6PM and no other planes on the ramp upon arrival. I was the first person off the plane nd in the line for immigration.
Inside I find about 75 people still in line from the last normal daily fight. I spoke to the folks and found out they had been in line since 3 something. When they arrived 2 full aircraft loads of folks were backed up outside the immigration hall was full.

Only 2 of the 5 immigration stations were manned and was told it had been that way all day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom