Southwest To Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are correct. Looks like first flight from BNA is March 8.

Just for fun, and from Houston, I selected a 3/10 departure and a 3/17 return. Grand total round trip at 'Wanna Get Away' pricing - $425.38. Outstanding.

The cost recap on the final page, however, listed the flights at $164 round trip plus $261.38 in taxes and fees. Amazing that taxes and fees cost more than the airfare.

I'm still thrilled and perplexed all at the same time.

I am a Million Mile 1 K flyer on United, and live between Coz and Houston area. If all this is true, and I pray it is—United can kiss my "Wrasse".

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Just checked 3/19 to 3/26 HOU-CZM. Tax, title and license came to $300.69pp

AUS-CZM connects through HOU. Same dates, $531.29

They don't quote fares from Lubbock. Too many plane changes for their computer maybe? I'd have to juggle their booking pages on two tabs that keep going back to the top when I'm looking at the other, book two tickets, with risks. The cheapest fares are going fast in March of course, and they don't let you book 10 months ahead like the majors, so looking at March...

March 18: LBB-HOU with a change: 6am - 9:10am
HOU-CZM: 11:50am-2pm. I guess that's enough time in Hobby if I have to grab my bags and recheck them.

March 25: CZM-HOU: 9am-11:30am
HOU-LBB: 2pm-5pm

$225.50 + 212.69 = 438.19

That's a lot cheaper than my last trip, plus two bags free. I think I paid $790 with two checked bags. Yeah, great savings if I don't mind all of the connections, layovers, and extra bag checking. I have other trip plans in March tho, and they won't let you book more than 5½ months in advance. :(

Springtime flying in Texas is so iffy. I wonder how agreeable they are about rebooking stranded passengers. I'd really hate to sit around all day in Houston waiting for their other plane, if space available.

Just checked 3/19 to 3/26 HOU-CZM. Tax, title and license came to $300.69pp

AUS-CZM connects through HOU. Same dates, $531.29
At those prices it might be worth driving to Houston from Austin and flying from there; that was never the case with Continental or United. What do the flight times look like?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom