Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well one strike against the Kubi's. There is no way they can be installed. So I had to send them back for the next smaller size, and even then I'm not sure they will work with my DUI. The Kubi website sizes based on hand size, but they seem not to have considered the size of the sleeve they have to be installed into. Oh well there will not be a in water trial this weekend, but stay posted...I'm still hopeful.

Well, you can measure the sleeve yourself as you know KUBI rings are in diameter from 8 to 10 cm. Good luck w/ smaller size.

Well one strike against the Kubi's. There is no way they can be installed. So I had to send them back for the next smaller size, and even then I'm not sure they will work with my DUI. The Kubi website sizes based on hand size, but they seem not to have considered the size of the sleeve they have to be installed into. Oh well there will not be a in water trial this weekend, but stay posted...I'm still hopeful.

Is there a reason you'd want rings that are significantly larger than your hand? I mean, if your hand can fit through your sleeve, then a ring that is just barely big enough for your hand seems like it would probably fit, too. Or are the tolerances just that close?

Well, you can measure the sleeve yourself as you know KUBI rings are in diameter from 8 to 10 cm. Good luck w/ smaller size.
Actually I don't think it's that simple, and I just sent an email to Kubi about this tonight. The rings are 8-10cm, but as I understand it, that is the internal diameter of the GLOVE side of the system, which slides inside the cuff side of the system. Based on that, I'm not sure what the internal diameter and external diameter of the cuff ring is. I'd love if if someone has a set of the Kubi fitted rings that could measure the cuff side.

Actually I don't think it's that simple, and I just sent an email to Kubi about this tonight. The rings are 8-10cm, but as I understand it, that is the internal diameter of the GLOVE side of the system, which slides inside the cuff side of the system. Based on that, I'm not sure what the internal diameter and external diameter of the cuff ring is. I'd love if if someone has a set of the Kubi fitted rings that could measure the cuff side.

Gimme me a few mins...

---------- Post added November 7th, 2015 at 01:03 AM ----------

I use the 80mm glove ring, the internal diameter of the sealing ring cuff side is 90mm.

---------- Post added November 7th, 2015 at 01:04 AM ----------

So I'm gonna guess the 90mm glove uses 100mm cuff ring and the 100mm glove ring uses 110mm, maybe...

?

I've installed many of these in DUI(zip seals and normal latex)/Santi/whites and a few other types of suits. They are hard to get through the sleeves but you have to pull the rings through, almost force them through the sleeve. Some of the suits the material has to be stretched over the rings.

Regards

Steve

Yes, mine were not easy to fit either, initially I thought there is no way the seal will stretch over the ring or that I'd be able to turn the sleeve right way round once I did get the ring fitted. Took a bit of head scratching and more than one expletive but all worked out fine in the end. I'm on my third season using them, zero issues.

Having the internal seam doesn't matter. All you need is a sharp pair of scissors to cut it out or down flat where you put the o-ring. I've been doing this since the rings came out. As atlas do not fit my hands. The type I have to use has seamed gloves.

QUOTE=buddhasummer;7533528]Youll love them I'm almost positive, I'm pretty picky about my dive gear and am hard to please but love my Kubis. If you are going to use thicker gloves such as Atlas or Showa ensure they have no internal seam. Fitting thicker gloves is a little more difficult the first time but becomes very easy, I can now do in a couple of minutes. Let us know your thoughts. If you need any help just PM me. Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Regards

Steve

Gimme me a few mins...

---------- Post added November 7th, 2015 at 01:03 AM ----------

I use the 80mm glove ring, the internal diameter of the sealing ring cuff side is 90mm.

---------- Post added November 7th, 2015 at 01:04 AM ----------

So I'm gonna guess the 90mm glove uses 100mm cuff ring and the 100mm glove ring uses 110mm, maybe...

Awesome, thanks buddha! I just got a bounce back email from sales@kubi-store.com, so it looks like your answer is the only one I am going to get. Are yours officially the fitted rings now, or are you using the detachable ones still? I am just trying to confirm that the 80 fitted is 80mm on GLOVE side, not cuff side...but since they don't seem to offer a glove side system smaller than 80, I would think that they would have to be 80mm on the glove side...but I'd sure hate to have the suit assembled with an 80 on the cuff side, then I'd be SOL

Back
Top Bottom