Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be shocked if you don't like them. They are pricey but worth every penny!

Regards

Steve

I'd be shocked if you don't like them. They are pricey but worth every penny!

Regards

Steve

1. Can the Kubi's be installed with an existing latex cuff?
2. Do they work with Atlas gloves (aka smurf gloves and the Atlas orange gloves)?
3. How does the venting of the glove work? It appear they depend on the insulating glove to create a leak.
4. Easy on and off seems like a mixed blessing. If they come off underwater and cause a flood that would be a significant problem. Are they secure in the water?
5. Are they easy to get off back on the boat?

1. Can the Kubi's be installed with an existing latex cuffs?

2. Do they work with Atlas gloves (aka smurf gloves and the Atlas orange gloves)?
3. How does the venting of the glove work? It appear they depend on the insulating glove to create a leak.
4. Easy on and off seems like a mixed blessing. If they come off underwater and cause a flood that would be a significant problem. Are they secure in the water?
5. Are they easy to get off back on the boat?

1. Yes download their instructions from their website

2. Yes the same was as skana/dc rings. I did a thread in the deco stop with them being done. Very easy to do so. If there is a seam in the cotton part of the glove this will need to be trimmed out with sharp scissors.

3. Use string or surgical tubing underneath the latex seal allows gas to pass into glove.

4. Yes, never blew one off in3-4 yrs of diving.

5. Yes just make sure to use a light smear of silicone lube on the o-rings as in very little

Regards

Steve

1. Yes download their instructions from their website

2. Yes the same was as skana/dc rings. I did a thread in the deco stop with them being done. Very easy to do so. If there is a seam in the cotton part of the glove this will need to be trimmed out with sharp scissors.

3. Use string or surgical tubing underneath the latex seal allows gas to pass into glove.

4. Yes, never blew one off in3-4 yrs of diving.

5. Yes just make sure to use a light smear of silicone lube on the o-rings as in very little

Regards

Steve

I may give it a try. It seems a lot of the instructions are in Italian and translated from a Slovakian language (Croatian?) ? If there is a an easy way to find the English version I have not found it yet but will keep trying. Is there an North American retailer with information on sizing?

Finally is there still SoCal DIR? It seems that has been inactive for some time.

PM me with your contact details. I have instructions and just like Steve did for me I'm happy to walk you through it via email or Skype. Pay it forward and all that. Instructions make it look harder than it is.

I completely forgot we had the Skype convo. That's been awhile. I recall writing out how to do it for a few people detailed instructions/pictures. I should see if I still have the instructions I made. Might be on my dead Mac, which caused me to lose a lot of info. Forgot to back up for awhile or neglected to I should say.

The Kubi site has the printout for ring sizing print it off and cut the circles out. Figure out which one fits order that size. Voila! Or try here. Support / FAQ - KUBI (www.kubi.sk)

DRIS sells them.

SoCal Dir? I use to be part of that a long time ago. Probably still underneath my name as a tag when I post? I use tapatalk now.

Regards

Steve

Actually we spent a few hours one Sunday over a beer emailing back and forth re fitting thicker gloves, I would never have been able to do it without your help. In your debt. Cheers for the PM, I'll email you.

---------- Post added October 7th, 2015 at 11:23 PM ----------

I kept your email instructions so can send them back to you if you've lost the originals.

Sorry I'm confusing the people I sent instructions to, there were a lot. I do recall that now. I was having a pumpkin beer if I recall. The instructions I wrote up were pdf versions that were very detailed with pictures/etc. step by step walk through. They got sent out to a few people. Most were emails and Skype convo's.

Regards

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom