Kubi Dry Glove Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use these rings (need a 3D printer) to mount my Showa gloves on Kubi rings

IMG_5236.jpeg

IMG_5235.jpeg
IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5232.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5233.jpeg
    IMG_5233.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 11
Wow those gloves look super slick! I used a tin cup to get mine to fit but I really like the 3D printed idea. Good to know it will leak before I hauled my gear out two miles and jumped in 50F water!

I'm sure there is a way, especially based on the above pictures...but I don't how to do it without creases. The diameter of the XL Showa Atlas 495 glove is much much larger than the ring. To fit the larger diameter glove onto the smaller ring, some of the extra diameter from the glove has to get eaten up somehow right? Hence the creases. The glove doesn't appear to narrow as it gets closer to the hand so it's not like I can trim off more to get a smaller diameter.

Decided for the time being to go with the normal gloves that comes with the suit. Hands are the first thing to get cold in 50F water after 2 hours but I just get out and run around until I warm up and then get back in. Will have to figure out better gloves when I'm back home and can do more testing.

Each of the past two days I had a leak near the ring on my right hand and felt water enter under my right wrist past my wrist seal, wetting my entire right arm. This makes for a miserable 5 hours in the cold water. Both days it happened when I first got in the water with only my right wrist, then I fiddled with the gloves and it stopped. I'm diving again tomorrow and everyday for the next 10 days, otherwise I would do more testing and googling but hoping someone can confirm what I suspect is the issue before I get back in the water.

Comparing the good seal and the bad one it looks like on the leaking side I must have taken the inner metal ring out to clean, replaced the o-ring, and then put the ring back into the suit with the o-ring installed. Am I right that the outer black ring shown below on the good cuff is the retaining o-ring and the red is the sealing o-ring? I figure the internal ring was pushed in all the way by the water, bypassing my wrist seal and putting the o-ring on after the metal ring is installed will problems. I also turned my suit inside out and held it up to the light and saw no holes, wrist seals look good.

1729133067832.png

The 'good cuff' is correct (see also my cuff pic in post 3).

You need to push the cuff/wrist seal assembly right through the ring fixed to the drysuit until it can't go any further, then secure in place using the black o ring.

The red o rings are the sealing o rings.
The thick black o rings are to attach the glove or wrist seal.
The thin black o rings hold the cuff assembly and glove protector ring in place.

Thank you! 6.5 hours in the water today and first time without a leak. I am a happy camper and now that it's working, can definitely see why folks love the Kubi dry glove system. Thank you so much for the help!

Back
Top Bottom