Dry glove comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best gloves I found are Showa 720s. Cut resistant, stretchy enough, and can be found for a few dollars each pair on Amazon and Ebay.
I've tried a bunch of different showa gloves via samples from the Showa sales rep for my area. I like the 720s best, and then the 660s next. they're both very suitable for my purpose.

The best gloves I found are Showa 720s. Cut resistant, stretchy enough, and can be found for a few dollars each pair on Amazon and Ebay.
Yes. Unless you have short chubby fingers. I can't remember the number, but I had to source a different number. Same glove design and construction, just with fat short fingers. They unfortunately aren't as common and I had to order a gross of them about 10 years ago. Luckily I have still have plenty left.

Yes. Unless you have short chubby fingers. I can't remember the number, but I had to source a different number. Same glove design and construction, just with fat short fingers. They unfortunately aren't as common and I had to order a gross of them about 10 years ago. Luckily I have still have plenty left.
they might possibly be the 495s. they're made to be used with liners, and are apparently more roomy to accommodate this. this allows you to size down and apparently results in less floppy fingers. the rep didn't have them available to try when I asked, but he agreed they might be a good choice.

they might possibly be the 495s. they're made to be used with liners, and are apparently more roomy to accommodate this. this allows you to size down and apparently results in less floppy fingers. the rep didn't have them available to try when I asked, but he agreed they might be a good choice.
It could be. I am in Mexico currently and can't go look at the box. They come with the yellow fuzzy liners in the bag. They are good gloves and I normally get serveral years out of a pair before they start wearing through and leaking.

The 495's are what I've always used. I think I've bought a couple of pairs from DRIS, but they're also available from Seattle Marine (I haven't bought from there though... just saw them mentioned here in other glove threads). They are sized to use the included liner so the fingers are a little larger (but not longer).

720s and wool liners for everything less than 2hrs in 40*. 495s and 2x wool gloves for anything longer or colder

720s and wool liners for everything less than 2hrs in 40*. 495s and 2x wool gloves for anything longer or colder
Nope. Not for me. 4e neoprene liners and wool overgloves for anything over 20 minutes in 40F water.
To hell with dexterity, I hate being cold.

Nope. Not for me. 4e neoprene liners and wool overgloves for anything over 20 minutes in 40F water.
To hell with dexterity, I hate being cold.
I was super disappointed with the 4e neoprene liner things. Not very warm and got a nasty stench after a few dives.

I was super disappointed with the 4e neoprene liner things. Not very warm and got a nasty stench after a few dives.
Cant argue about the stink, it gets rough if you don't wash them.
But I found them warmer than any of the other liners I have tried. I have the new AR liners now but I haven't had them in the water as of yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom