Dry glove comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have also used showa 720 for a while. And they are the best I have ever found.
Unfortunately size 11 is not big enough to have a warm liner too (I have too big hands).

Santi, Scubapro, Kubi..etc sell the same heavyduty gloves
KUBI Red Dry Gloves
The problem is that they are overpriced, 50-70 usd for a pair of gloves is too much. And in less then a year they get sticky and have to be replaced.
But at least bigger size is available.
These gloves are made in Bulgaria.

Does anybody know the original source?

Is there any alternative for a big handed?
The kubi version are nothing like the showa imo. Red Kubi are a much softer material and have a weird texture. Where are you seeing $50 for the Kubi gloves? They're $30 at my LDS which is still astronomical compared to $12 for Showa at the same shop.

Was it easy to install showa on KUBI? Do they leak?
Not the easiest for sure. Once you figure out how to effectively hold one side in place and work the glove onto the ring it isn't too bad. The first time will make you say some unkind things.

The kubi version are nothing like the showa imo. Red Kubi are a much softer material and have a weird texture. Where are you seeing $50 for the Kubi gloves? They're $30 at my LDS which is still astronomical compared to $12 for Showa at the same shop.
I know they are different, I have both of them. 50-70 eur/usd is the regular price in the EU.
Showa is about 5-6 eur

I know they are different, I have both of them. 50-70 eur/usd is the regular price in the EU.
Showa is about 5-6 eur
Even for $30 they aren't worth it. I want red gloves but the Kubi ones feel cheap. Showa needs to make a red 660 for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom