KUBI dryglove set - Install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have exactly same set up as OP. DUI CF200 + zip seals + Kubi 80mm.

As far as Kubi system itself, it’s flawless, never had an issue. Easy to use bare hands when gearing up and then just pop the rings prior to diving.

I do have an issue with zip seals material itself tho. Latex seals are being stretched by the ring system, thus developing cracks and eventually holes :(
I had to replace one of the seals after about a year after installation. This is no good, giving insane price or zip seals (it’s now even higher - 98$...)

So I bought heavy duty seals as replacement, hopefully they will work longer.
I try to care for my seals by rinsing them and storing with talc, but that doesn’t seem to help.

Has anyone had similar issues with zip or other seals getting worn out fast due to the rings?

Yeah, hopefully HD will last at least 2 years. Otherwise it’s becoming a bit pricey to buy new zip seals every year.

A word of caution about the stock gloves- they tear easy and don’t provide much in the way of warmth. A pair of showa 720s are far better, though they’re finicky to mount the first time because of the flock lining, but once you figure it out you can just keep a spare set of them in your drysuit bag and they take about 5mins to switch out onsite.

Has anyone taken the zip seals off the drysuit, installed the kubi rings, and then reattached the zip seals? Would you happen to have a video / photo gallery / step-by-step instructions? :clapping:

I’ve done that tho I didn’t take any photos. Essentially it’s the same as a regular kubi ring install onto a drysuit wrist seal except you can remove the seals...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom