Please for your honest thoughts on these 3 reg's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both the Titan LX and Legend LX. They breath so close to the same even at depth as to be inconsequential. The Titan LX is easier to work on. N

I have both the Titan LX and Legend LX. They breath so close to the same even at depth as to be inconsequential. The Titan LX is easier to work on. N

Thanks, The Titan LX is cheaper too and that is a plus

Yeah, and here is the thing, like it or not, the Legend LX is quite possibly the highest or certainly at the very, very, very top performance regulators ever made. That means the Titan LX is in good company. From a functional standpoint, the only thing that may concern you is that the Titan LX has only one HP port. Since I don't care for a transmitter doodad it is of no concern to me but just you should know that. N

Yeah, and here is the thing, like it or not, the Legend LX is quite possibly the highest or certainly at the very, very, very top performance regulators ever made. That means the Titan LX is in good company. From a functional standpoint, the only thing that may concern you is that the Titan LX has only one HP port. Since I don't care for a transmitter doodad it is of no concern to me but just you should know that. N

Thanks, I appreciate the pre heads up before I plan to buy. I want to make sure any reg. has everything I need to grow with.

Thanks, I appreciate the pre heads up before I plan to buy. I want to make sure any reg. has everything I need to grow with.

If you ever want a "wireless transmitter" to your wrist computer and still have an analog gauge as a backup, then you'll want a 1st stage with 2 HP ports.

If you ever want to have a secondary power inflator hose, such as for a drysuit, (plus 2nd stage, octo, and BC Power inflator), then you'll want a 1st stage with 4 LP ports.

Just something to consider.

Note: Some folks who only have one HP port and want to go wirelss skip the analog gauge. That's an argument for a whole seperate thread.

Also some folks who need an extra LP port and only have three switch on an 'inflator-octo' on their BC power inflator hose. Yet again, that's a whole different argument thread...

The Titan first has FOUR (4) LP and one HP. if you need another HP you can use a splitter. I just don't see using both a wireless and a mechanical spg. If your afraid the wireless will quit on you then it should be tossed in the trash to begin with. There is no reason to have two pressure readouts and twice the amount of equipment. And, to top it off, those transmitters are damage and failure prone. Stick with a good, B&G spg. If your on doubles and using Titans then you can rig an spg on each regulator for your redundancy. Single tank open water divers do not need two spgs or multiple transmitters, it is just expensive and failure prone.

N

Mason--the worst regulator you can buy at a reputable LDS is a good regulator. There are no bad regs out there. Of the three you are considering, ALL are good regs and you'll be happy with whatever you choose.

The Titan first has FOUR (4) LP and one HP. if you need another HP you can use a splitter. I just don't see using both a wireless and a mechanical spg. If your afraid the wireless will quit on you then it should be tossed in the trash to begin with. There is no reason to have two pressure readouts and twice the amount of equipment. And, to top it off, those transmitters are damage and failure prone. Stick with a good, B&G spg. If your on doubles and using Titans then you can rig an spg on each regulator for your redundancy. Single tank open water divers do not need two spgs or multiple transmitters, it is just expensive and failure prone.

N

N--Your logic here does not make any sense to me. I have a hoseless computer which gave me trouble once on an ocean dive off NC and I almost had to abort the dive because of it. After that incident, I bought a used SPG and now have redundant ways to assure my air supply is adequate. And, guess what--since I bought the SPG I've nad NO trouble with my computer's transmitter communication.

Look at an IFR-equipped airplane. Do you think it has only one radio? No. The reason is redundancy, safety, and utility. Redundancy and safety are as important to a diver as they are to a pilot.

If you are anywhere near venice shoot me a Pm ill let you use my oceanic so you can see for yourself while its the best reg out there.

Mason--the worst regulator you can buy at a reputable LDS is a good regulator. There are no bad regs out there. Of the three you are considering, ALL are good regs and you'll be happy with whatever you choose.

N--Your logic here does not make any sense to me. I have a hoseless computer which gave me trouble once on an ocean dive off NC and I almost had to abort the dive because of it. After that incident, I bought a used SPG and now have redundant ways to assure my air supply is adequate. And, guess what--since I bought the SPG I've nad NO trouble with my computer's transmitter communication.

Look at an IFR-equipped airplane. Do you think it has only one radio? No. The reason is redundancy, safety, and utility. Redundancy and safety are as important to a diver as they are to a pilot.

Your exactly right, most of the regulators out there today are decent, just some are hard to find service and parts for especially five years from now.

Does not make sense, OK, you now carry two pieces of equipment to do what only one did before and you do that because the hoseless one quit on you and will quit on you again at a bad time and you know it will so you are back to carrying a spg in addition to the hoseless doodad so now your carrying two pieces of equipment where only one sufficed originally, a plain old B&G spg. Now, who does not make sense------->you.:rofl3:

There is no need for redundant tank pressure instrumentation for non overhead diving, all you have done is at minimum doubled your failure rate. If you are doing overhead diving, then virtually nobody uses wireless instruments because of their failure rate.

Cave and overhead diving = IFR

Open water = VFR and many VFR aircraft have NO radio

N, Inst and Commerical ratings

Last edited:
Other regulators are for Christmas, but a Sherwood is for life. I last serviced my Sherwood in 1991 (personally) and still runs great. My Dad gave it to me as a present when I was 10.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom