YOKE vs DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately you are hitting a solid brickwall.
"to relieve the pressure"? Good luck.
I think today is Punday...

If tomorrow someone invents a safer YOKE that can outperform DIN, I will be the first one to jump ship.

Many would not. A solution to a problem people don’t have would likely be ignored. If yoke is not a problem for the mainstream rec-only American diver, then DIN isn’t compelling for them…even if better.

Mind that I always stated, DIN is SAFER than YOKE. This doesn't mean that yoke is not safe.

Which makes the point. If people think yoke is safe and widely accepted, it’s hard to summon the motivation for mass change.

Yes, unfortunately when using a converter, you loose the benefits of DIN.

Yet DIN reg owners often do this and don’t seem troubled about the lost safety.

We are in 2022, ABS has evolved massively in the last 12 years since the Automotive industry adopted the new standards and governments made it mandatory.

If rec diving had the numbers of participants the auto industry has, the carefully scrutinized fatality rate analyses and degree of centralized government intervention, then I think some centralized government agency might mandate a change. Seems unlikely to me.

YOKE is still a very good system. It is still perfectly safe, people is happy with it, Dive Operators in the US, Asia & Pacific seem to be invested on it. No one stated YOKE is crap, worthless or people choosing YOKE are imbeciles.
DIN is SAFER ≠ YOKE is not safe / bad.

Understood. Sharing views and perspectives is good; let undecided readers draw their own conclusions.

There is one thing that’d sell me on DIN. Due to its higher pressure tolerance, have liveaboard and day boat operators start offering routine overfills with 20% more gas volume in tanks if one uses DIN. So the 80-cf tank becomes 100-cf. Clear any regulatory obstacles to giving me more gas with DIN. The desire for more gas is a ‘problem’ many divers have.

Many would not. A solution to a problem people don’t have would likely be ignored. If yoke is not a problem for the mainstream rec-only American diver, then DIN isn’t compelling for them…even if better.

Which makes the point. If people think yoke is safe and widely accepted, it’s hard to summon the motivation for mass change.

Yet DIN reg owners often do this and don’t seem troubled about the lost safety.

If rec diving had the numbers of participants the auto industry has, the carefully scrutinized fatality rate analyses and degree of centralized government intervention, then I think some centralized government agency might mandate a change. Seems unlikely to me.

Understood. Sharing views and perspectives is good; let undecided readers draw their own conclusions.

There is one thing that’d sell me on DIN. Due to its higher pressure tolerance, have liveaboard and day boat operators start offering routine overfills with 20% more gas volume in tanks if one uses DIN. So the 80-cf tank becomes 100-cf. Clear any regulatory obstacles to giving me more gas with DIN. The desire for more gas is a ‘problem’ many divers have.
I believe you could skip the whole first part as it has been discussed extensively and stick to the last paragraph.

DIN will take over eventually and I will finally be able to cash my shares and be filthy rich...

Dive safe :wink:

You are omitting that you accused me of politicizing diving
And you haven't stopped. It's not an American problem as you keep telling us. When the truth is seen as demeaning it will be a sad day

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off Topic Comments Removed

Maybe, just maybe, and I am going out on a limb here, but maybe everyone should just stop reacting in this thread and let it die.

Every single opinion and fact about yoke vs din has been said, it's just petty arguing for the sake of aguing now.

Maybe, just maybe, and I am going out on a limb here, but maybe everyone should just stop reacting in this thread and let it die.

Every single opinion and fact about yoke vs din has been said, it's just petty arguing for the sake of aguing now.
Oh no it isn't.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off Topic and Rude Comments Removed

No one said anything about eliminating the YOKE valve. Your words.

The compelling arguments you so much desire are described in every Scuba Diving agency worldwide.

No one said YOKE is dangerous
. Your words once again. 'Safer than' is not the same as dangerous. You have a very hard time discerning different words. You keep mixing things up.

Now, if you don't mind, I would like to put this thread to sleep. I wish no further replies as members are already fed-up with all this BS. We should respect that. If you wish to have the last word (I know you do, you're burning inside lol), do so. I will not reply, I will laugh my a** off in silence :wink:

ps. NOT ONCE I've hit the Report button, for anyone.

DIN + adapter is worst than Yoke. Period.
Anyone who accept this configuration has no right to suggest "safer than"!! Hypocritical.

Attachments

• Yu.JPG
    Yu.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 55
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom