YOKE vs DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another consideration in favour of DIN is that the design allows for either 200 bar or 300 bar cylinders to be attached to the same DIN regulator. What's not to like?

Now in considering the A Clamp if you require higher pressures than 3000psi 207 bar you need to increase the tensile strength of the metal from brass and in addition increase the a clamp external wall thickness. Also the method of manufacture needs to change to avoid a hot brass stamping.

The photo below shows a modern A clamp designed for 4350 psi service pressure
with the required safer factor built in that was missing in the earlier American 4000 psi designs

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 65
Your words.
Except, they are not.

"Will take over eventually" means gradualy more people will choose din, thereby slowly making yoke dissapear.

"Eliminating" means actively and deliberatly working to make Yoke go away and replace them with Din.

Different words with very different meaning.

Except, they are not.

"Will take over eventually" means gradualy more people will choose din, thereby slowly making yoke dissapear.

"Eliminating" means actively and deliberatly working to make Yoke go away and replace them with Din.

Different words with very different meaning.
Eventually, gradually etc etc.
It won't happen within my life span!
Future? You have a crystal ball?

Eventually, gradually etc etc.
It won't happen within my life span!
Future? You have a crystal ball?
I think you are mistaking my post for an actual opinion on yoke vs din. I was merely explaining why I think Diablo never said that yoke will be "eliminated". I never said I agree or disagree with him.

It is fine and safe to use adapter but not YOKE.
Again, that is not what he says. He does not give any opinion on the safety of an adapter vs yoke vs din in this specific reply, he changes the subject and says instead that it would be worse not to dive at all instead of opting to use an adapter in that specific situation.

Your words.
A) 'will take over eventually' means will become the new standard, it doesn't mean eliminate... YOKE is very well established in some areas as already & extensively discussed.

Your perception is very, very weird.

B) I've previously accused you of 'omitting' and 'distorting' meanings just to make a point. You just prove that once again. You conveniently only took part of my joke and deleted the rest. That's lame to say the least...

The original post: "DIN will take over eventually and I will finally be able to cash my shares and be filthy rich...".

My message being that I have zero interests nor personal benefits on the topic of what you chose to dive with. I only shared my exchange with another diver and asked to know why you guys prefer YOKE, then we argued about the pros & cons of both systems AND that should have been absolutely fine on a dive forum! The rest is fabricated nonsense and EGO lifting.

Another consideration in favour of DIN is that the design allows for either 200 bar or 300 bar cylinders to be attached to the same DIN regulator. What's not to like?

Now in considering the A Clamp if you require higher pressures than 3000psi 207 bar you need to increase the tensile strength of the metal from brass and in addition increase the a clamp external wall thickness. Also the method of manufacture needs to change to avoid a hot brass stamping.

The photo below shows a modern A clamp designed for 4350 psi service pressure
with the required safer factor built in that was missing in the earlier American 4000 psi designs
Small & Light LOL

It is fine and safe to use adapter but not YOKE.
That's not what you wrote previously. If you are man enough to insult me behind your keyboard, be man enough to keep your original comments unedited. I have no problem at all.

Don't need to hide like a little boy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom