xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valéry;6830839:
Isn't the batterie user changeable?

The manual says the following:

Replacing the battery should be performed at a service center authorized by the manufacturer device.

So no, it should be done by a service technician. However, since the unit can be charged with a simple micro-usb charger, I doubt the battery has to be changed very often.

Will it support VPM?
As of current, from what I understood, it supports Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF. VPM is an upgrade that is planned for the future.

Where can I found the manual?

Thanks.

The unit released have been delayed so many time that it's becoming very annoying.

Valéry;6831885:
Where can I found the manual?

Thanks.

The unit released have been delayed so many time that it's becoming very annoying.
I used Google Translate on the Polish manual (no English manual is available yet). It gives an ok idea about the options of the computer, but ofcourse a genuine English manual would be better.

Hello,

I'm Piotr, xDEEP CEO and I'd like to answer your questions. Yes, we had couple of weeks of delay (the BT was planned for late April-early May and computers were planned for June), but the reason was simple: we just like to make it perfect before we launch the device on the market.

Yes, it's little later and sorry, but in return it will have bigger display, bigger and better battery and more features.

1. Decompression algorithms

Both EANx and TMX computers will support Buhlmann ZHL-16L+GF and VPM-B algorithms in a base price. The VPM-B should be launched as a firmware update in a short time after the first Buhlmann-based version, but I'm still considering launching the VPM in a first release. Of course every EANx or TMX unit can be easily updated to the newer firmware version (and of course for free).

2. Price

The unit is manufactured using only top of the line components:

- Powerful and energy efficient 32 bit EFM32 CPU with a quite big memory;
- Genuine Samsung SDI Li-ion battery;
- Swiss made pressure sensor;
- Very precise Bosch compass;
- Accelerometer for screen flip function;
- Top quality 1.8" OLED display.

If you consider the the hardware mentioned above and also software features: VPM-B support, build in "analog style" compass with very sophisticated navigation functions etc, it turns out that the price of the unit is very competitive to the other products offering comparable set of features.

3. Battery - it's not user replaceable because of our goals:

- Provide as big battery as possible;
- The unit must be as compact, as possible (the best "screen size to volume ratio").
- Maximum operational depth of 350m;
- Fully repairable electronics.

It's a Samsung SDI battery and the manufacturer declares 80% of the nominal capacity after 500 charging cycles. If means it should withstand couple of thousands dives. But of course it could be easily (and in reasonable price) replaced by our authorised service centers.

4. Flash memory and logbook

The device has 8MB of flash memory which is dynamically alocated for logbook data and user data (graphic notes and maps for example). The logbook capacity depends on the logbook settings (depth logging interval etc.) and vary between 100h and 1000h of dive time.

What is important, the unit provides USB connector, so you don't need to pay for additional interface or software. After connecting to the PC, the BLACK will show up as a mass storage device.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2013 at 02:06 PM ----------

It gives an ok idea about the options of the computer, but ofcourse a genuine English manual would be better.

We prepare a new version of the manual which will be more detailed, of course also in english.

More delays? I have to say the hype is very disappointing. I hope this is good unit but the watching the release dates continuously get pushed back is frustrating.

You need to pick with something and stay with it even if it's 6 months or a year away at this point...

More delays? I have to say the hype is very disappointing. I hope this is good unit but the watching the release dates continuously get pushed back is frustrating.

You need to pick with something and stay with it even if it's 6 months or a year away at this point...

To be fair, I've seen this a lot with new dive computers: Liquivision Lynx, Atomic Cobalt, Mares AI Icon HD, even the upgrades to Galileo Sol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom