xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This new equipment sure looks nice with all the bells and whistles . Only time will tell if they are reliable, accurate and userfriendly. I don't buy any new equipment without an vast amount of research and reading user feedback. It took me a year or 2 before I switched to a Predator and later an additional Petrel.

I eagerly await some real life feedback on product and customer service. IMO few divers will quickly shy away of something they know to something they don't, unless their current product is not up to scratch. Time will tell .... tic toc, tic toc.........

Currently, we're still waiting for the BT release. I was wondering, what upgrades are planned for the future (and what is the expected timeline for these)? From what I understood, these are planned, but please correct me if I'm wrong:

* EANx (3 gasses)
* Trimix (16 gasses)
* VPM algorithm
* Air integration (?)

When are these expected to be released once the BT has been released (and ofcourse, are there more?).

I was wondering, what upgrades are planned for the future (and what is the expected timeline for these)? From what I understood, these are planned, but please correct me if I'm wrong:
* EANx (3 gasses)
* Trimix (16 gasses)

There will be three levels of the software:

1. BT
2. EANx
3. TMX

BT will have all of the features except the decompression software.
EANx will have 3 mixes up to 100% O2. TMX 16 mixes which can be configured as: on, off or backup (computer won't consider backup gases for deco calculation but they can be switched on manually).

Both EANx and TMX would have both Buhlmann ZHL16C + GF and VPM-B available - in the base price. The computers will be launched as soon as we'll achieve full manufacturing capacity. This will happen this year.

* Air integration (?) - what do you mean?

Can we add a mix (insert a new one) while in water?

The computers will be launched as soon as we'll achieve full manufacturing capacity. This will happen this year.
Does this mean that the bureaucratic hassle has been dealt with? Too bad you can't be any more precise than "this year". It being the beginning of august, that still leaves nearly 5 months.

* Air integration (?) - what do you mean?
I thought I read somewhere that there will be a future, optional tank pressure sensor that can communicate with the computer, but of course, I could be completely wrong.

CCR is for "maybe next year"...
It looks to me like this could be a fancy bottom timer for a while but at 300$ I could be a buyer. Nice replacement to my Uwatec I think... I may ask Santa Claus for one if he gets hold of a batch!

More seriously, how many battery cycles do you get out of it before you need to replace it?

CCR is for "maybe next year"...
It looks to me like this could be a fancy bottom timer for a while but at 300$ I could be a buyer. Nice replacement to my Uwatec I think... I may ask Santa Claus for one if he gets hold of a batch!

More seriously, how many battery cycles do you get out of it before you need to replace it?

Said in a previous post:

"It's a Samsung SDI battery and the manufacturer declares 80% of the nominal capacity after 500 charging cycles. If means it should withstand couple of thousands dives. But of course it could be easily (and in reasonable price) replaced by our authorised service centers."

Said in a previous post:

"It's a Samsung SDI battery and the manufacturer declares 80% of the nominal capacity after 500 charging cycles. If means it should withstand couple of thousands dives. But of course it could be easily (and in reasonable price) replaced by our authorised service centers."
Indeed. And with 80% remaining, it'd give you an operating time of between 16 and 32 hours after 500 charging cycles. Should be an ok battery life for the most of us. I think my smartphone does worse. :D

Just saw this page appearing on the xDeep website. A description of the computer, and it's in English. I'm starting to sound like a sucker for this unit, but it seems that they're getting close to release. I also found this Youtube vid: [video=youtube;v6DbBKyD2JY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6DbBKyD2JY[/video]

My knowledge of the Polish language is literally non-existent, but it does nicely show the way the interface works. Seems nice and smooth to me.

Just saw this page appearing on the xDeep website. A description of the computer, and it's in English. I'm starting to sound like a sucker for this unit, but it seems that they're getting close to release. I also found this Youtube vid: [video=youtube;v6DbBKyD2JY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6DbBKyD2JY[/video]

My knowledge of the Polish language is literally non-existent, but it does nicely show the way the interface works. Seems nice and smooth to me.

Thanks for the video, I'm puzzled by the final form of the product : Crappy screen (ok renders are renders, but still, looks crappy compared to an old UEMIS), crappy screws on the box. Where are all the well neatly screws from the product preview ? :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom