xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is not, the Fischer connection is for live ppo2 monitoring connected to an o2 cell reading what is actually in your loop. The fixed set point is so that you can use it as back up on rebreather and bases it's calculations on a fixed set point that you enter on it. For example I run my CCR at a set point of 1.2, if I have an electronics failure I can bailout to OC and follow a plan on my fixed set point enabled computer because it will have been able to accurately track my dive to that point. As for the "I have no use for CCR so I don't care" point of view, many others do and that's why they are commenting and making the comparisons to other computers in similar price points that do have that feature. And for what it's worth everyone thinks that until they go CCR and then wish they had bought some upgraded gear.

Thanks for the clearification.

Thanks for the clearification.

No problem, and for what it's worth, if you can afford it I recommend trying to future proof your gear as much as you can afford. I know I wish I did, I'm now trying to sell a bunch of stuff because I too could not envisage a time where I might need more than a 3 gas nitrox computer, or a light with 750 lumens etc, etc. and don't get me wrong, I like the xdeep product, but it is yet to hear the brunt of real world testing, and much of the specs they speak of are for future models that don't exist yet. While I am sure they have the best of intentions the list of people who have bought computers based on what they were promised it could one day do is long and angry. I would buy this product if I was looking for a cool bottom timer with the understanding that it may never be anything more and that I might need to go through multiple units covered under warranty etc as they go through the growing pains. Just my 2 pennies though.

No problem, and for what it's worth, if you can afford it I recommend trying to future proof your gear as much as you can afford. I know I wish I did, I'm now trying to sell a bunch of stuff because I too could not envisage a time where I might need more than a 3 gas nitrox computer, or a light with 750 lumens etc, etc. and don't get me wrong, I like the xdeep product, but it is yet to hear the brunt of real world testing, and much of the specs they speak of are for future models that don't exist yet. While I am sure they have the best of intentions the list of people who have bought computers based on what they were promised it could one day do is long and angry. I would buy this product if I was looking for a cool bottom timer with the understanding that it may never be anything more and that I might need to go through multiple units covered under warranty etc as they go through the growing pains. Just my 2 pennies though.

The thing about CCR is price, and being disabled really limits my funds.

I fully hear on the future proof as much as I can and why I said CCR is out of the question but Trimix is a possibility. The reason I really looked at the Nitek Q and now xDeep Black is for this reason. I can get what I want now and upgrade later if I need to. I am guessing there is gonna be some growing pains with the computer to begin with so will follow it avidly and research the hell out of it. I will say this, if the data transfer cable is basically non-proprietary USB type it REALLY is a great feature, you can pick one up for dirt cheap. I honestly think even if it just stays as a very nice OLED BT it can have a chance at being a successful product.

Oh, trust me, I have some regrets about only 2 of my gear purchases. First was fins but I didn't get 'bad' ones, but wish I got SP Jetfins or the like (Ended up with Mares Volo Power) and a DR Transpac. The thing was, I never really knew about BP/W when I picked up my Transpac. And to me, it wasn't to bad, and the sales guy at the LDS who sold me it went out of his way fit me in it, do needed mods (bungying the wing, etc). The only reason I got rid of it is I really wanted a VERY streamlined approach in the water. I have no regrets on my mask really (its not an official 'tech diving mask" but fits my face well and has my rx lenses in it), love my wetsuit and do love my Atomic Zx2

I also think it looks like a great bottom timer and wish it a great commercial success. It may well meet that success in parts of the world where it is priced appropriately. The xDeep bottom timer is apparently available for 219 pounds in the Uk or 250€ in Europe. This is 100$ less than the price given here...
Do beware though if you want anything more than a bottom timer. No firm dates have been announced for the EANx/Trimix/CCR/VPM versions. No prices have been announced either for these expanded versions except by one US reseller.
We've seen countless computers where software upgrade announcements were not followed by actual upgrades and/or support stopped: UEMIS and liquivision x1 to name a few.
The European price tag makes it a compelling bottom timer, but it is not a computer (yet?)!

...We've seen countless computers where software upgrade announcements were not followed by actual upgrades and/or support stopped: UEMIS and liquivision x1 to name a few....

Can you explain how the X1 is not software upgraded and/or support stopped?

Asking because a few BTs don't: Can one switch between imperial and metric on the BLACK? Doesn't have to be during a dive.

Asking because a few BTs don't: Can one switch between imperial and metric on the BLACK? Doesn't have to be during a dive.

Running the Polish manual through Google translate gives me this:

Settings -> Units
To select the display units (Metric / imperial)

Although Google Translate as far from perfect, viewing the manual like that does give an impression of the BT functions.

So has the unit been released or an other delay???

Valéry;6830074:
So has the unit been released or an other delay???
Still the same delay. TecDiveGear is taking preorders, but the units are not being delivered by the manufacturer yet. From what I understood, they changed their battery from a Panasonic to a Samsung one, giving 10% more capacity for the same price. However, this did cause them to fully recertify the unit. On Facebook they told me they'll be delivering them to dealers in the following weeks. The importer for my country is yet to receive a definite date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom