Wrinkles April '05 Dive, BBQ and Campout planning thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking forward to this weekend as well! As a reminder to those of you who can't stay the night, you are still entirely welcome (and encouraged) to show up during the day either Saturday or Sunday and grab a few dives (or burgers) with the rest of us!

headhunter:
I've started this new thread for planning purposes.

I'll keep updating this first post as a synopsis of the info in this thread and will include links to other Wrinkles threads for easy reference.

When: Saturday, Apr. 9 and Sunday, Apr. 10
Where: Leo Carrillo

Christian

I will bring the hot chocolate and instant coffee for Saturday anyway. I still have it on hand from the Laguna dive in February. Laguna Beach prohibits camp stoves so we did not get much use out of hot chocolate or coffee then. But they require snorkels which really seams like a odd set of priorties (what, I can't light myself on fire, while breathing from my reg? what is this country coming to?).

In any case I e-bayed (that is a verb, right?) a dry suit and am hoping it will show up so I can putter around in shallow water to try it out. Can't wait.

Andy

mccabejc:
Roger,
Will you be able to come for the day at least? There will be a boatload of kids for your kids to hang with if you decide to.

Nope I leave this Friday April 8 so I will be gone.

I see you are going on another trip real soon =)

Geesh, guess I should have looked at your countdown timer, huh? Cancun is my favorite vacation spot. Tons of stuff to do. You going to Coco Bongo and dance the night away? That place is a blast. Have fun.

headhunter:
I've started this new thread for planning purposes.

I'll keep updating this first post as a synopsis of the info in this thread and will include links to other Wrinkles threads for easy reference.

When: Saturday, Apr. 9 and Sunday, Apr. 10
Where: Leo Carrillo

Christian

I will plan to make sunday. Definitely cannot do saturday

limeyx:
I will plan to make sunday. Definitely cannot do saturday
It will be great to see you there!

Just look for the big ScubaBoard banner that we'll have up in the campsite.

Christian

Here's a list of stuff that no one has signed up to bring yet:

• Firewood (maybe a few people can each bring some)
  • Marshmallows and graham crackers (how could you camp without them!)
  • Condiments:
    • mayo
    • lettuce
    • tomatoes
    • onions
    • pickles
  • Side Dishes (we have one already)
    1. ?
    2. ?
  • Bananas
  • Oranges
  • Veggie tray
  • Dessert (we have one already)
    1. ?
    2. ?
  • Water

Christian would you please add two to my group, I am going to bring my FESes (Foreign Exchange Students).

Now that that is taken care of I am more than happy to bring some firewood, marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. If a camping spot opens up, I'll camp so that the FESes have the whole experience. I will continue to check and try and make a reservation.

Since I'm coming up early Friday with a cooler that I can't possibly fill I will pick up the Oranges and Water.

Ann Marie:
Christian would you please add two to my group, I am going to bring my FESes (Foreign Exchange Students).

Now that that is taken care of I am more than happy to bring some firewood, marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. If a camping spot opens up, I'll camp so that the FESes have the whole experience. I will continue to check and try and make a reservation.
Ann Marie,

We have space at the campsites for you and your exchange students. You don't need to reserve another site. Did you want to stay both Friday and Saturday nights? Were you planning on both Saturday and Sunday during the day?

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom