Wrinkles December '06 Dive, BBQ and Campout Planning Thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still on for Saturday night and Sunday morning. I plan on bringing an abalone and the fixings. Does anyone know off hand how long it takes to get from Ventura to Leo Carrillo state beach? Does anybody know how many people there will be for dinner on Saturday? Should I bring another abalone?

Seems like the important things keep getting in the way of fun. I will only be able to attend Sunday morning. Hopefully 1 or 2 dives. I can't wait to see everyone then.

Kevfin- What is a haggas?:D

Rick

There have been some changes on the roster and it does not look like anyone has reserved a campground for Saturday's BBQ.

If someone wants to reserve a campground, #15 is usually the most "group friendly" site (you have to ask for it upon arrival).

Otherwise, is anyone familiar enough to point us to the best "day use" facility to have our BBQ on Saturday?

I'll be there on both days with the banner, but it would be helpful if we could tell everyone in advance where we are going to be.

Also, if anyone wants my cell phone number, just PM me and I'll send it over. Just keep in mind that the cell doesn't work well in the canyon, but it does out on the beach.

Christian

I should still be clear for Sunday, but Saturday is looking a little iffyer. We'll see if I can make the afternoon, but Saturday morning is out at this point. Christian, I'll check the boards, and call you, to be sure where people are before my arrival, and to see if there's anything I can bring.

Rickster:
Christian, Ana, Mark, Sean, and Jim. Looks like this is going to be a great time.

Rick

Well since all the cool ppl are coming (specially that gorgeous Mrs. Rickster) Im showing up on Sunday with the family in tow.

Bringing weenies!

Tevis

Look forward to seeing you again, Tevis... sorry I haven't taken the time (or had it) to respond to your emails. Hope your trip was a success!

Archangel:
Well since all the cool ppl are coming (specially that gorgeous Mrs. Rickster) Im showing up on Sunday with the family in tow.

Bringing weenies!

Tevis
I'll have the propane BBQ on both days, so this will be a blast!

Is anyone close enough to do some recon on the day use or does someone just want to get a campground site for Saturday and Sunday and we'll all chip in to cover costs?

I think that is may be too late to book a campground online, so it would need to be done in person at the ranger kiosk.

Christian

I have booked a campground for Saturday night under my name, Janene Jarrett. Reservation number is 2-25112 if somebody wants to check in before I arrive Saturday night around 6:30. Apparantly check in time is 2 pm. However, since it is slow for them they just might let someone check in earlier. I put the maximum number of people (8) and maximum number of cars (3) on the reservation. Christian will have my cell phone number so he can leave a message of what campsight I am at.

Looking forward to diving with all of you on Sunday!

Janene

Rickster:
Kevfin- What is a haggas?:D

I actually spelled it wrong in my post... it's haggis, the most delicious meal you can make in an animal stomach... :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

I'm running short on animal stomachs this week, so I'm not going to be able to bring the haggis.

I plan on coming Sunday morning and unless Christian tells me otherwise, I'll bring chips and salsa.. (I wanted to bring chips, dips, chains, and whips, but my wife will be using those while I am gone).

weenies?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom