Wrinkles December '06 Dive, BBQ and Campout Planning Thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Guys,
Did you make it in the water today? Robert & I was suppose to go out on the Great Escape but they called it when we got there. So we went to breakfast & then we went to OML to check it out & the gate was locked, were's HB Chica when you need her. So we did the next best thing & went to the Cabrillo Aquarium, not quite the same. Maybe we'll be able to dive Thurs. night at Vets Park.

Happy Diving
John

JMdiver:
Hi Guys,
Did you make it in the water today? Robert & I was suppose to go out on the Great Escape but they called it when we got there. So we went to breakfast & then we went to OML to check it out & the gate was locked, where's HB Chica when you need her.
Sorry to hear the GE cancelled. Bummer, but you were undoubtedly spared a harsh day at sea.

:D I was sitting High and Dry at breakfast, in the wacky company of other Nitrogen addicts, trying not to think about the fact that we couldn't dive. :shakehead

Espresso is a fine thing :coffee:, but it is sooo Not Nitrogen!
The company of other enthusiastic divers is ALWAYS a joy.

Christian reported that the Wrinkle's Crew "dove" into Neptune's Net for comestibles... the ocean at Leo wanted no part of divers, either. :(

Ahhhh, winter. My only solution is to stay ready, tanks filled, gear organized, and then rush out to dive the moment conditions are good. Gone are the days of planning dives days and weeks in advance... at least until next summer.
So we did the next best thing & went to the Cabrillo Aquarium, not quite the same.
How great that you made it to the Cabrillo Aquarium! It's my favorite, and I tried to drum up interest for a visit today, but I couldn't find an available buddy. That place is so much like real diving that I don't want to go solo :14:. When I'm there, staring into the tanks at all the endearingly familiar creatures, I almost use hand signals with my companions instead of talking. (Yeah, I know, it's probably something clinically diagnosable, but what the heck... I'm having a great time.)
It would have been toooo funny to run into you there!!!
Maybe we'll be able to dive Thurs. night at Vets Park.

Happy Diving
John
That's my best guess for the earliest time when the ocean might relax a little and welcome us back in. Fingers are crossed!

hbTerraFirma'Chica :w-t-f: (May it not last too long...)

It would have been toooo funny to run into you there!!! [/QUOTE:
I would've thought you were following us LOL!!

Happy Diving
John

Hey I ran into HBDiveChica at a showing of DeepSea in 3D at The Bridge IMAX. In a theatre where you buy your seats in advance we happened to buy them for the same showing like 5 seats apart in the same row.... you just never know when you'll run into The Chica.... :wink:

Mark

scvdiver:
Hey I ran into HBDiveChica at a showing of DeepSea in 3D at The Bridge IMAX. In a theatre where you buy your seats in advance we happened to buy them for the same showing like 5 seats apart in the same row.... you just never know when you'll run into The Chica.... :wink:

Mark
That was a hoot, Mark. How funny it was to run into you at that wacky film. I mean, it was a great film, but the screaming clams running from the gnashing Sunflower star made me giggle for weeks. Elfman meets the Sea!!! Demented Hilarity ensues!!

In fact, Friday night, Ken called my attention to a 1/4" clam next to a nudibranch and I started giggling again, imagining the high-pitched yelping it might make if threatened. Oh, the Clamanity!!!

Next time the weekend is forecast to be awful and rainy, we should do a Cabrillo Aquarium get-together.

Claudette

Back
Top Bottom