Winter Diving in Georgia??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No Big Deal Jeremy, Keep the Little Lady Happy. There is always other days to blow bubbles in Lanier, it's not going anywhere.

Cya at 10:30 Kraken and skierch.

Matt

Corigan:
No Big Deal Jeremy, Keep the Little Lady Happy. There is always other days to blow bubbles in Lanier, it's not going anywhere.

Cya at 10:30 Kraken and skierch.

Matt
Hi Guys:
Due to weather & other problems - I need to move the dive to Sunday @ 10:30 am @ West Bank Park- I hope this will work - Let's blow bubbles-
Thanks, Clif

skierch:
Hi Guys:
Due to weather & other problems - I need to move the dive to Sunday @ 10:30 am @ West Bank Park- I hope this will work - Let's blow bubbles-
Thanks, Clif

Sunday works better for me, that is what I wanted initially. :) Sunday will be fine for me, that way I could meet up with someone on some cylinders on Saturday. Is Sunday good for you as well The Kraken?

Matt

Corigan,
I would love to join you guys on Sunday, if you guys don't mind an extra diver. It has been 4 weeks since my last dive and I think I am getting dehydrated. Hopefully my thicker wetsuit will arrive before then and I want have to rent.

scubaPT:
Corigan,
I would love to join you guys on Sunday, if you guys don't mind an extra diver. It has been 4 weeks since my last dive and I think I am getting dehydrated. Hopefully my thicker wetsuit will arrive before then and I want have to rent.

Sounds good to me Allen. Are you coming out The Kraken on Sunday?

Matt

Sorry I didn't make it out there today guys. I packed up all my gear in the car last night and was ready to go this morning. I woke up in the middle of the night with terrible stomach pains. Needless to say I was up all night quite sick and there was no way I could go diving today.. :( My gear is still all packed up in my car, bah. Anyways, If you could PM me your cell numbers so if this happens again I can inform you all out there at lanier that I am not going to be able to make it. Hope you all had fun getting wet, looking forward to the next trip out to lanier.. :(

Matt

Hey, we missed you!! We left a hole in the water for you for the next dive.

Why would you want to go and dive cold and see nothing.
WE dive the coast of Ga. year round. This is when the big fish move in cutting out the run time to the 40 mile bottom.
All the inshore reefs are holding the best fish at any time of the year.
WE are getting together the 13th to dicuss this years trips.
WE do an annual Tortugas, Key West mini season along with up and down both coast.
IF any one is as hardcore or wannabes, give me a call. 912-996-4254 cell
We average 150-200 dives per year.
Jimmie
cofj@bellsouth.net

Why would we want to go and dive cold and see nothing ???

Because it's only a 30 minute drive compared to 3-1/2 hours one way.

There's always something to see if one looks closely enough.

May not be the best visibility, but it sure helps us work on our cold water diving skills, low visibility diving skills, buoyancy skills, and most of all, it allows us to dive more frequently in order to hone our buddy team skills and become much more proficient divers.

. . . and it costs only $3.00 plus breathing gas.

The Kraken:
. . . and it costs only $3.00 plus breathing gas.

I second all of The Kraken's points. I am also thinking about getting a parking pass to Lanier for $35 a year. Should pay for itself in no time.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom