Question Would there be issues servicing a Japanese-made dry suit in the US or Canada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you going to order a suit in metric for Okinawa or in imperial for Puget Sound, is Canada metric?

Has anyone heard of Seaskin offering reimbursement for pre-approved warranty work done locally; rather than shipping the suit back to the UK?

Are you going to order a suit in metric for Okinawa or in imperial for Puget Sound, is Canada metric?
Probably just going with Seaskin, Apeks and SiTech are pretty commonly available companies, and they're what Seaskin uses for their valves. Even if the whole thing is measured in metric

yo, so i'm looking at Seaskins right now. Plan is to learn to dive it in okinawa, but in a couple years, I'm planning on moving back to the Sound.

The divers in Oki roll w. membrane suits from what I've seen, but the "cold" water here is 70-72.

Which would be better for the Sound and the Strait? I'll primarily be diving the Sound. I will also be making trips up to Victoria and diving in the kelp forests, as well as heading to the cascades to dive some of the lakes. My concern is durability of the suit poking around in the craggy environments of the Sound.

I'll be using my BPW and Jetfins. I don't skip leg day either, so how big of a weight difference are they talking?

Portability and versatility aren’t tremendously high on my list, I drive when I go to Canada, and I’ve got a 3mm and a 5mm for non-frigid water. This is going to be a COLD water suit.
SS Nova are built with pretty heavy duty materials. One of my buddies has about 150-175 dives with his Nova in the Sound. The only things he's has to do was replace the zipper after it got horrendously jammed (user error?). He sent it to a shop in Oregon for $350 vs $500+ for our various LDS to do it.

The rocky and barnacle shore entries are mitigated by having neo socks and rock boots. Knee reinforcement helps in the off chance you slip or trip here.
Probably just going with Seaskin, Apeks and SiTech are pretty commonly available companies, and they're what Seaskin uses for their valves. Even if the whole thing is measured in metric
He's toying with you. But since you brought it up, go with sitech.

I use SS 150 with their "tech" base layer. I run hot so the 150 does great for me down to mid 40s. I use regular socks because I don't like the big fluffy undergarment socks. Earlier this week I put an electric hand warmer in the chest pocket of my undergarment and that was nice until the button got mashed and it ran full blast for the first dive. I still have a red mark on my chest lol. An hour long scooter dive in 50° is fine without it though I do feel the cold at the end. I tried this because we had 2 dives planned. I'll give it another go next week on a deep dive and see how I like it.

The 250 I have is bulky so I've not used it beyond trying it on when I unpacked the box.

For versatility trilam, you can add or subtract insulation as needed and it dries faster. Neoprene is a bit warmer given the same insulation but from Seaskin it’s back zip only.

Oof. £70 in shipping
Yeah, but it hasn't changed in awhile. When you order smaller items it's really cheap... £5 or something like that for a box full of neck seals

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom