Winter Diving in Georgia??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rd2dive:
How was Lanier?? I'm curious about Lanier and also Lake Burton. Anybody ever dove Lake Eufala south of Columbus Ga?

I've never dove Burton or Eufala, but Lanier is pretty Nice. I have driven past Eufala on the way to PCB and have wondered if it is worth a dive or not. There isn't a whole lot to see just off the bank of Lanier, but still a good place to get wet. Yesterday the viz was in the range of 15-17' and the water was a nice 48F. Wanted to thank Everyone that came out (Dennis, Glen, Jason, Jessie, Jeremey, and Cliff.) Had a great time yesterday getting wet. Maybe we could all schedule a dive in the future and get some more Bottom Time. :) Take care,

Matt

Not much to add here except that I had a great time Saturday getting wet and blowing a few bubbles with fellow ScubaBoard members. Lanier was okay nothing spectacular but its close and inexpensive. The vis was pretty good for a Georgia Lake IMHO. I look forward to diving it again to practice some of my skills and just get some more bottom time in. If anyone is up to going to Lanier again PM me as it's close and I can go about any weekend.

Thanks again to everyone who came out.

Jeremy

Glad to see you had a good time Jeremy. I am think about heading out there Sunday morning to try to get a tank or two in if anybody is interested. I didn't suck down enough air and was ready to get out at the end of the dive on New Years. I am wanting to dial in my weighting and trim with this new steel tank and wetsuit combination. Was hoping to go out this weekend with someone and run some S-Drills, swim around at a leisurely pace, go out to some depth, and then work on my weighting at the end of the dive. Also would be interested in doing whatever anyone else is interested in working on. Looks like right now for weather they are calling for a few scattered showers with 10-30% chance of them Thursday-Sat. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and have a high of 74! Few scattered showers could completely miss the lake. If the lake does get some showers It shouldn't churn up the viz too badly. Of course we all know how accurate the weather is, heh. If anybody wants to blow some bubbles at the lake sunday at west bank, drop me a pm or just drop a line here. Thanks,

Matt

JKSteger:
Not much to add here except that I had a great time Saturday getting wet and blowing a few bubbles with fellow ScubaBoard members. Lanier was okay nothing spectacular but its close and inexpensive. The vis was pretty good for a Georgia Lake IMHO. I look forward to diving it again to practice some of my skills and just get some more bottom time in. If anyone is up to going to Lanier again PM me as it's close and I can go about any weekend.

Thanks again to everyone who came out.

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy & Matt-
Will be @ West Bank Park Sat. around 10:30 a.m to play with the trail we started & find a 60 to 80 ft. area- Jeremy if you need air call or e-mail me by thursday-let blow bubbles-
Thanks Clif

skierch:
Hi Jeremy & Matt-
Will be @ West Bank Park Sat. around 10:30 a.m to play with the trail we started & find a 60 to 80 ft. area- Jeremy if you need air call or e-mail me by thursday-let blow bubbles-
Thanks Clif

Sounds good to me Clif. :) I'll cya around 10:30 on Sat. Looking forward to blowing bubbles,

Matt

I'm going to see what I can do for Sat. My wedding anniversary is Friday so a little dive on Sat. morning would make a great anniversary gift.

Clif, I'll give you a call before Thursday and let you know if I will definitely make it or not.

Jeremy

Got room for one more???

Guys it looks like "She who must be obeyed" would rather us go to Highlands, NC to spend our anniversary. Unless something changes I will not be able to make it out Saturday. If I do get to make it I'll be there by 10:30 at WP.

Priorities, Priorities...

Jeremy

Your answer is, and ALWAYS WILL BE, "Yes, Dear . . ."

Have no fear, you are not alone.

Back
Top Bottom