why women only...??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpmermaid once bubbled...
but I'd like to see a Men's forum. That way, all discussions related to the P-valve could be contained there, and I could avoid them. It just seems so nasty! :wink:
Now that is an awesome idea! Even's out the woman only issue and the guys can talk about guy stuff! Then we can to lurk in their forum!

but I'd like to see a Men's forum. That way, all discussions related to the P-valve could be contained there, and I could avoid them. It just seems so nasty! :wink:

Probably be pretty boring.

As I have always known, this board has some extremely intelligent women on it.
So many good points were brought up.
#1 Yes, we need to have a forum for the bleeding, boobs and women's issues. It's doesn't have be called "Women Only" since men are also a part, of this part of our lives.
#2 We do have a spot for Single's trips, but not just for Single's to meet and find a buddy.
I think this is an excellent idea.
#3 I personally have always wanted other issues then diving in this "Women's only" forum.
But, since it is Scubaboard I don't think that will ever happen.
So maybe we can just change the forum to a more "open" sounding name then the old 'has been' "Women's Only" name.
It sounds so out dated.
We need more ideas, and I'll take it to all the Mods for a vote.

...for women to have a Pee Valve!! I dive dry and although my bladder is "conditioned" for long road trips while pounding the diet Dr Peppers (lotsa caffeine), sometimes the safety/deco stops get downright painful:wacko: Then I still have to doff gear and suit before I can *go*! So far I just can't make myself use the depends...
To not totally highjack this thread - I kinda like poking my head in here once in a while. I've pretty much given up on finding a single guy (diver or not) who's man enough not to be intimidated by me, though ;-0

Snowbear:
You're right, we're getting off the subject.
But I will say this to you, "Don't give up."
I felt the same way about myself. It will happen.
You're very pretty. And Alaska is a great place. I was there in 96.
Maybe coming on a Single's warm weather dive trip will help.
Anyway, back to the subject..

Women's Issues. A more politically correct name. It's still an open forum for men &/or women, to discuss a specific area of interst.

I have thought of that, Kat, and liked it too.
This has been sent to me:
Women's Information
Women's Dive Site
Women's Arena
The "Girl's" Room
Women's Pond
Women and Diving
Women of the World
Ladies Room
Ladies Lake
Women's Corner
Any thoughts on these?

Natasha once bubbled...
I have thought of that, Kat, and liked it too.
This has been sent to me:
Women's Information
Women's Dive Site
Women's Arena
The "Girl's" Room
Women's Pond
Women and Diving
Women of the World
Ladies Room
Ladies Lake
Women's Corner
Any thoughts on these?

You forgot "The Chick's Corner" :D !!

Of the above, I like The Girl's Room and Women and Diving (but I still like it the way it is!)

sapphire

I like those two also. Anything is better then Women Only.

Women's View
Women's View on Diving

Anything with Issues or Concerns makes it sound like we have some! It may be PC but it makes me think that just because we're women, we have some issue/concern to overcome in order to dive. And we all know that couldn't be farther from the truth!

Ladie's Room is cute but I think it would draw the juv. delinquent behavior to peak behind the curtain just as much as the 'Only' made it irresistable.

We want men to participate in the discussions, just leave their 8th grade hormones at the door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom