Why do you drink Starbucks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100% Kona beans roasted at Home
(Or it’s 50 / bag, shipped in 20 pound bags of green it’s 18) we get our grass fed beef and coffee direct from the farmer
Konaloha - 100 Percent Kona Coffee

Starbucks tastes like old grinds to me and I can’t stand the thought of the line, the process

There is a brain dead vibe in there i don’t enjoy

82E4E58B-345C-459B-BAC1-DEF7937CFA6C.jpeg

Imagining the farmers living their dreams adds to the experience

I feel like I should be in a meeting as I confess "My name is John, and I drink Starbucks..."

but I do enjoy it. The price and pretentiousness puts me off though. The size thing, c'mon people. Who thought that was a good idea?

I don't like their default Pike's Place though. Can't believe they chose that for their flagship cup. I like to go later in the day and ask for a cup of dark roast, which they won't have, so I get a nice fresh pour-over. Komodo Dragon or Sumatra, please. French/Italian Roast and Cafe Verona are distant seconds.

Yum yum yum. No room for cream, just black, thanks.

Only once in a while, though. It's a treat.

More often, but not every day, I'll get the Brazilian Dark Roast at 7-11. Very good for a reasonable price, esp if you bring your own cup and get a "refill" for $1.

Drink Starbucks? You must be kidding. Back when I drank coffee, I brewed my own (and survived)

FWIW, I don't drink Starbucks, although I have in the past, simply as a last resort. At home, I enjoy my own roasted coffee and because I roast, I sense that Starbucks over-roasts their beans. Unlike Eric, I do enjoy Peet's when available... particularly their reserve blends.

The whole schitck with ordering bizarre concoctions at any coffee shop, is not my style. That either covers up the taste of bad coffee or is a demostrative of self-importance... neither of which I find the least bit interesting.

Last on the list of places I choose for coffee. Too expensive, too affected, and really not all that good IMO. And FTR, most of what they serve isn't coffee anyway. They are sugary dessert drinks with some added coffee for flavor.

I prefer my Tim's.

Back
Top Bottom