Why do you drink Starbucks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My wife: Why do you drink Starbucks coffee?

Me: I was watching people today and it occurred to me that the Buddhists are absolutely right. There is a point at which holding on to what you have causes you to lose more than letting it go. There is a point at which a person can not become any more fatigued by the struggle; claiming, grasping, hoping, fearful of change -- the meticulous torsional grind that compresses and erodes what you once thought of as your self image. We hold on to a fantasy and allow ambition, intelligence and creativity to be replaced with a mottled viscous imperceptibly rotating waste product that can only be temporarily hardened enough to support life one day at a time by drinking a Starbucks coffee with an extra shot.

---------------
Actually, in all honestly, that's a copy of something I wrote on Facebook. She got me thinking with the question why I drink Starbucks coffee. The really funny part of this story is that I had it copied to the clip board because I was thinking about emailing it to a friend and accidentally ctrl-v it into Google. What made that funny was that the first link it showed was the wiki page for Friedrich Nietzsche.

I had to laugh :)

I had my first Starbucks in over 6 months today. It was a peppermint mocha in a bottle at Publix. I was disappointed with the first sip, but I did drink it. I'll go back to brewing my tea at home.

I'm a DD kind of guy...in more ways than one:wink:. I think Starbucks coffee taste burnt, but the stock has been very very good to me.

We grind Gold Coast or Yukon Starbucks beans each morning, and brew in a French press. I drink no other coffee for the balance of the day. I truly enjoy that morning pot. Substitutes do not meet my expectations.

I like Starbuck's, just a Vente dark roast house coffee please, no room.
Peet's is too bitter, and Wolfe is just plain battery acid, nasty!

What is the sound of one lip sipping......?

I roast beans at home, grind and brew one cup at a time in an Aeropress.

But I drink it in a Starbucks insulated travel mug!

I'll add that part of the reason I roast/grind/brew like I do is about the health benefits of coffee. The theory is that the benefits are maximized in fresh roasted.

I would drink coffee even if it wasn't good for you, but I like the idea that it's beneficial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom