Why do you drink Starbucks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone from Canada try Cubito, a brand of very finely ground Cuban Coffee? It is withheld from American caffeine addicts by our very own government. I buy a ton of it in Canada while visiting for Hockey. Couldn’t find in supermarkets, had to use internet track down some “Hood Markets” and pay top dollar, $20 lb.
four cups for breakfast is my substitute for prescription Ritalin, is why I drink it every day.

If I drink Starbucks I just ask for black coffee. I like watching the hipsters twitch.
I used to do this too. "A cup of coffee, please." *blank stare* Then you have to tell them what size. "Oh, small is fine."

I can tolerate the espresso, so I'll get a couple shots for convenience.

I never order by their sizes either....

Attachments

• 5hHjd4V.jpg
    5hHjd4V.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 41
Starbucks is rather consistent. It isn't great but when I traveled around the country, living out of by car and exploring North America for seven months, Starbucks offered me a cup of coffee that I knew would be at least a 6 on a ten scale. It might be better than that and it is never as good as what I make but it was never worse than a 6-7. I'll admit that I had an inverter in my car so that where ever I was I could stop and grind some beans and french press a cup.

While on the road Starbucks had a whole bean coffee called three regions that was some of the best I have ever had. I bought a bag where ever I saw it. It was only available for a few months and when a shop had run out they often gave me a knowing look of mourning recognition. Coffee and philosophy make a great pairing.

I like coffee that is black and will allow a horseshoe to float on the top of. Starbucks does not qualify for either.

I definitely drink too much coffee
and enjoy it
I definitely spend too little time "philosophising" with friends, but enjoy it
and
I definitely don't enjoy paying Starbucks prices for something I stood in line for and get in a paper cup.
So I rareley ever drink Starbucks, ... pretty much except for those rare ocassions where someone insist the philosophising is to be done there. But then it's a philosophical choice, not an economical, cultural or culinary one...
But I find philosophy... if it then still is deserving of the name is best around a good campfire... or maybe in a serene early morning setting by a lake or river or mountain with that camp coffee warming your hands and adding to the environment tickling your senses... The deck of a boat too... That whiff of freedom and independence, fortified with that whiff of hot coffee ... it got something...
Starbucks ain't it so...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom