Why buy Vyper when there is the Mosquito?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The new Vytec is supposed to be available in 2-3 weeks ( can't wait to try it! the shop has 4 on order) Best part about the Vytec is you can buy it with or without the hoseless transmitter.

I haven't heard anything about the Vyper being discontinued especially since it is so popular and easy to use. I'll have to check.

The Mosquito is great for people diving in warm water as the buttons are tough to access with thick gloves on.

The only other difference with the Mosquito other than the free diving mode is that the Mosquito I believe has a fixed sampling rate of 20 seconds where the vyper and cobra can be adjusted through the dive manger software down to 10 seconds.( according to their website)

On a side note the New Oceanic Versa Pro has really big numbers for those of you who need/want them and is a good option when looking at the vyper.

As always, choose what works for you and fits your style of diving.

:stooges:

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about the Vytec. I've been a long time fan of the Cobra - I don't really see a need to "upgrade?", but it sure sounds cool.

Does anyone have a picture of this thing???

It is a wrist mount isn't it???

What about the Price??? I'm sure it's a doozey with the air integration... I'm guessing about $800...??? Anyone/????

I debated over the same topic for some time.

After my research, I settled for the wrist mount Vyper. Why? Screen size!

The Mosquito is a great little computer, but I didn't need the out-of-water watch capability, and I didn't like the size of the screen.

As you will see from many other posts on this BB, the Vyper is a great computer.

Dove with the Vyper a couple of weeks ago on the Eagle in the Keys, and it performed flawlessly. Only drawback for me was that the buttons are a little hard to operate.

Great diving!

here were my reasons for getting the Vyper and not the Mosquito.
1. better name - mosquito sounds dorky.
2. have a watch already, so it gets used as a backup timer.
3. Bigger screen.
4. Dont like the styling of the Mosquito.
5. Wrist or console mount.

thats pretty much it. i got a really good deal for my vyper about 12 months ago, only US$220 brand new.

hope everyone enjoyed their easter weekend.
James
:boom:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom