Trip Report Quick Trip Report July 13-20 Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A nice thing about staying at BA is that getting picked up at their dock by different ops is a non-issue. In order to get more than 2 tanks/day, we often booked with a different op for the PM so we did not need to be concerned as to whether there were enough people for a BA trip. A choice that worked great for us is Aldora, because they offer 1 tank afternoon dives and there is a nice window of time between when you will likely get dropped off from your AM tanks with BA and when Aldora picks up. This way, if the AM boat is running late, it's not a rush.

I've read that the road noise can be loud at the BA if trying to go to bed early. Is that true?
If you stay in a 1st floor room, there is no road noise, but people enjoying the pool or the band play until after 9pm so it can be noisy outside the room. The upper floors can be subject to noise...I find the rooms at the 'end of the hall' are quieter as they share a wall with the building next door. Keep the door closed, roll up a towel to put under (there is a big gap below the entry doors) and keep the bathroom door closed as well. I also bring a small USB powered travel fan and use soft foam earplugs when I travel and that pretty much 100% covers up any noise except the loudest of mufflers or backfires. The last couple of trips have seemed to be better for loud bands across the street and that kind of thing. We did have a loud group of young people celebrating a birthday who were going pretty hard and it was pretty loud until late. It didn't bother me, but I overheard several other guests saying that if it happened again they were going to say something. Thankfully the next night was super quiet. I think on Sun, Mon, Tues there is no band or just a single usually and the resort is very quiet in the evenings after 9pm.

I think on Sun, Mon, Tues there is no band or just a single usually and the resort is very quiet in the evenings after 9pm.
There is no live music on the "lawn" (most of the grass there is long gone) on Sunday and Monday evenings.

There is no live music on the "lawn" (most of the grass there is long gone) on Sunday and Monday evenings.
the great puddle of life.

It’s been more than a few years since we stayed at Blue Angel, but the one time we were not on the 1st floor it was street traffic noise in the evening and then those damn birds squawking in the early morning in the trees right outside the door. First floor never had those issues.

Back
Top Bottom