• OMS

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Zeagle

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 47 14.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
oh...thanks. So where are the DIR people putting the furled SMB?

Catherine,

Most DIR types put the SMB or lift bag in the pocket on the back plate pad.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq
http://oxycheq.com

NWGratefulDiver:
I'm honored ... :wink:

Want to know what surprises me? That Oxycheq didn't do better in the poll than it did. I would've rated them higher than either DiveRite or Halcyon.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I really am not surprised at those numbers on the poll. I guess I can send out emails to people that use our products and are not on this list and they can click the OxyCheq box. All that tells me is most of the people diving our wings are not on this list.

I do know how many wings I sell a year and how many dealers we have. We had a great show at DEMA. In fact, even though the show was smaller than normal, it was the best show we ever had. I won't mention how many new dealers I expect to add, but will say it was well worth the blisters on my feet. :)

My goal has always been to make the best product on the market. Ultimately the sales will grow. The only number that means anything to me is profit. Profit allows me to continue to test new ideas and design new products. I will be happy when I run out of ideas. Believe it or not, I do have more ideas --- just need the time to make them into reality.

You'll see some of those ideas come out next year.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

Stephen Ash:
What are you guys doin'... sittin' around and drinking beer? Get the site done for heaven's sake! We can't buy it if we don't know about it. Some of us don't have an Oxy dealer nearby.

C'mon, man... get to work... :D

Stephen,

In the last year, I added about 100 products to the line and that has taken an incredible amount of time. Anyone that knows me knows my wish --- that there were more hours in the day.

The web site has been neglected for the last two years. That will be changing soon.

Many of my headaches will be gone once the move is completed. We'll be much more efficient, actually have room to work and store product without going up to the ceiling.

I have held off on some new products simply because I ran out of room a long time ago.

The web site will be up soon and hopefully I'll have a local dealer soon.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

Patrick:
Stephen,

In the last year, I added about 100 products to the line and that has taken an incredible amount of time. Anyone that knows me knows my wish --- that there were more hours in the day.

The web site has been neglected for the last two years. That will be changing soon.

Many of my headaches will be gone once the move is completed. We'll be much more efficient, actually have room to work and store product without going up to the ceiling.

I have held off on some new products simply because I ran out of room a long time ago.

The web site will be up soon and hopefully I'll have a local dealer soon.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

I still think you guys are drinking beer! :D

Stephen Ash:
I still think you guys are drinking beer! :D

Too funny.

Well, that certainly was true at the RB Party at DEMA. Other than that night, I have not had a beer in over a year. I guess I am good until the next DEMA. :)

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

Another interesting observation...

239 votes so far in the BP/wing poll and 62 votes in the backinflate BCD poll (and 4 of THOSE votes are from smart aleck BP and wingers). hmm....

I KNOW there are far more folks out there diving standard back inflates than BP and wings. Why the discrepancy?

Patrick:
I have noticed that when I post, sales rise and it is a direct result of posting on the lists.
Accounting is my least favorite task, but I just had to run some numbers for my insurance broker. My sales have been rising every month, I know I scramble to keep up with production. We sell pretty much everything I can make. I have no real means of measuring if it's word of mouth, exposure on the Internet, paid print advertizing, consumer shows, trade shows etc. Half of all promotional efforts work and it's very hard to tell which half.

I am a bit surprised that someone willing to state:
Patrick:
The only number that means anything to me is profit.
Would not exploit a proven means of promotion.

Patrick:
If you do not believe that to be true, remove your web address from your posts for the next year and you will see the impact. Every post you make mentions DSS, just like every post I make mentins OxyCheq.
I've never argued that exposure on SB was not helpful. What I take exception to is the assignment of motive. You may not believe it, but I was asked to add my website info, because people were having trouble finding DEEPSEASUPPLY.com, there was some confusion about DSS vs "Tobin's" vs DeepSee etc. How does it serve my customers to make it less convenient to find the information they want?

Patrick:
So, my belief is every post you or I make promotes our own line. There is no doubt that presence results in greater sales and loyalties.
I've never disagreed, but a "Presence" without quality products and service would not work for very long. To discount the products and service and assign success based only on a presense is an unproven leap.

Patrick:
In the days of Techdiver and the RB List, I posted quite a bit.
SB is not Tech Diver, civility is encouraged here.

Patrick:
I do not have the free time that I once did and that is why I do not post as frequently these days.
Time is at a premium for me too, but staying connected with my customers has to be a priority.

Patrick:
Once my product line is complete, I will try to have a greater presence.

Good, as I said in the very first thread I encountered you on here on SB almost a year ago....
cool_hardware52:
BTW, Nice to see you around Pat, the members here can only benefit from a free exchange of ideas.Tobin

The beauty of SB is the range of ideas, experiences, expertise etc. It's a huge collective of ideas. More won't hurt.

Tobin

Patrick:
Catherine,

Most DIR types put the SMB or lift bag in the pocket on the back plate pad.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

That's not how my fundies instructor carried his SMB. It was in his thigh pocket. It's not uncommon for people to find, even with steeply bent plates, that storage of a Lift Bag in a plate pocket is problematic. Some divers certainly do use the plate pad / pocket, and careful packing of the inflatable can help, but many find the bungee's across the bottom of the plate a more workable solution.

The bungees also offer the possiblity of being able to restow the inflatable, handy if you are doing drills or have to exit via the surf.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom