Who is LexisNexis and why is my car insurance going up so much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe they want me to go away, which I am.
Don't give up yet. Send them a copy of your 214 and give it a few days. You may even be able to email/fax a copy while on the phone with them. I've never had that much trouble with USAA but I've been with them for 20+ years and had them while active.

LexisNexis is a database of legal information and news sources. What it has to do with the price of your car insurance isn’t clear to me, but I’m just a librarian, not an insurance underwriter.

They are also a credit reporting agency. I found out about that when I was turned down for a credit card I didn't apply for. They listed Equifax, Experian, TransUnion and LexisNexis. I was turned down because my TransUnion score came back as "0". I have had my credit frozen for a long time with the three other agencies. I now have it frozen with all four companies.

We use Georgia Farm Bureau here in GA. It's sort of like a cooperative. We get money back if they make too much money.

EDIT: @DandyDon Try out Texas Farm Bureau. Texas Farm Bureau Insurance

We use Georgia Farm Bureau here in GA. It's sort of like a cooperative. We get money back if they make too much money.
If you've unblocked you'll see this... USAA sends out dividends each year when they're profitable as well

Don't give up yet. Send them a copy of your 214 and give it a few days. You may even be able to email/fax a copy while on the phone with them. I've never had that much trouble with USAA but I've been with them for 20+ years and had them while active.
I've registered there before when I was shopping house insurance so I can't understand why I can't log in?
I have had my credit frozen for a long time with the three other agencies. I now have it frozen with all four companies.
👍 That's the safe approach. If you want to apply for a credit card, it takes a little longer but they tell you which agency to unfreeze.
1676741871315.png

Farm Bureau is big in this red state and one of the two I'm told that will insure a farmhouse. I'm not interested. We used to have a Farmer's Union agent here in town, but he died years ago. I hadn't thought of them. A smaller, left-leaning farm organization with insurance. I don't want to change farmhouse insurers after Germania treated me so well on a recent roof claim, but I'll try them on this.
If you've unblocked you'll see this... USAA sends out dividends each year when they're profitable as well
All mutuals are supposed to, but they're good about finding new expenses to pay.

That's the safe approach. If you want to apply for a credit card, it takes a little longer but they tell you which agency to unfreeze.

I forget which credit card company balked at me asking which reporting agency they used. I pressed them, explaining I froze my credit, and they finally relented it was TransUnion. But that was back when it would cost a small amount of money to do a thaw (I'm cheap). When I applied for my Costco visa, I just did a temporary thaw on the three I had frozen.

I am happy enough with my old Impala, still runs great, has nice gas mileage if I hold my speed at 60-65 mph, is comfortable, and can haul a large load of camping supplies or whatever, but as old as it is I only carry Liability insurance. The cost of Collision went up every year even tho I knew that the insurance would pay less every year so I dumped that years ago, but I carry a lot of Liability coverage just in case.

Last year it went up 12¼% and I shrugged that off as lots of things have gone up a lot. I haven't had a wreck in years, no tickets in years, and excellent credit for years, but suddenly AAA auto wants 25.7% more at renewal! I called and demanded to know why, she said that AAA car insurance went up 10% statewide this year, then I got some references to LexisNexis, which I'd never heard of.

Sorry Don, but your classic car is now lumped in with all the lowriders in your state. That age and style car is being used by a completely different demographic than than the old mom and pop grocery wagon it used to be. Hate to say it, but you may be better off finding a newer old car.

When I applied for my Costco visa, I just did a temporary thaw on the three I had frozen.
I keep all three bureaus frozen and now this funny company. If I need to unfreeze one at some time, that's the time.
Sorry Don, but your classic car is now lumped in with all the lowriders in your state. That age and style car is being used by a completely different demographic than than the old mom and pop grocery wagon it used to be. Hate to say it, but you may be better off finding a newer old car.
Yeah, it's low. I have to brake for the smallest dips to avoid scraping, but what would that have to do with my liability risks? I'm guessing it's my 700 years of age. I am fortunate to not be paying for my daughter's insurance bills with my granddaughter wrecking one car after another, driving on a donut tire for weeks until it blows, etc. I do pay for their AAA coverage.

@DandyDon work on getting your dd214 verified with USAA. I've got family that works for them down in San Antonio and they said you need to get that done first and then work on the other issues.

Yeah, it's low. I have to brake for the smallest dips to avoid scraping, but what would that have to do with my liability risks?

Lowriders is a term used to describe a Mexican-American lifestyle that customizes cars and shows them legally and illegally. The cars that are prized are the old American big cars like yours and from that era. Lowrider refers to their initial customizing leaving the cars inches off the road, later hydraulics were added to change heights.

I would guess the insurance is higher because those cars, especially ones used in the illegal shows are very likely to be in accidents.

LIFESTYLE & CULTURE | Aftermath Lowrider Car Club

Lowrider-4-073022-copy-e1659279333282.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

wheels-lowrider-blog480-v2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom