Who is LexisNexis and why is my car insurance going up so much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lowriders is a term used to describe a Mexican-American lifestyle that customizes cars and shows them legally and illegally. The cars that are prized are the old American big cars like yours and from that era. Lowrider refers to their initial customizing leaving the cars inches off the road, later hydraulics were added to change heights.

I would guess the insurance is higher because those cars, especially ones used in the illegal shows are very likely to be in accidents.
I could be way off, but I would guess him more in a early 2000s impala vs a 66 rag top.

Ok, I gave up. I tried again to get my file from LexisNexis which I have a right to see, but they rejected my request again. I went ahead and paid the higher price required with AAA to renew since all of the other companies wanted more.

And I still don't know why so many systems will not accept my street address: 611-SW 4th St. What's wrong with that? Machines rule the world now, and sometimes poorly.

@DandyDon
You sure you want your address on the interwebs? There are nefarious folks lurking around here

@DandyDon
You sure you want your address on the interwebs? There are nefarious folks lurking around here
Oh, it's all over the net anyway. I didn't give my city anyway.

I gave in on the car insurance hike, then got hit with a 40% increase on my farmhouse that I rent out. I might shrug that off as inflation and the roof that the insurance company just replaced, except that Nationwide paid for a new roof on the house in town that I live in including an upgrade and they didn't go up. In fact, I got them to actually lower that premium a little after the roof upgrade they paid for.

I only have two choices of companies on the farmhouse ten miles from the volunteer fire department that would be sent in case of fire tho, and I don't want anything to do with Farm Bureau so I guess that I am lucky to have Gernmania. Any of these companies could just drop me if they chose to, so ok, fine.

I mentioned the increase to my renter and he asked if I needed to raise his rent. I'm only requiring a small amount that covers insurance and taxes as long as he does the work on any upkeep, and I pay for the needed supplies. I'm not going up tho as I like having them living there and keeping it up, an acre of grass mowed when we get rain, etc.

I gave in on the car insurance hike, then got hit with a 40% increase on my farmhouse that I rent out. I might shrug that off as inflation and the roof that the insurance company just replaced, except that Nationwide paid for a new roof on the house in town that I live in including an upgrade and they didn't go up. In fact, I got them to actually lower that premium a little after the roof upgrade they paid for.

Primary residence is often regarded differently than investment property, perhaps that is why the cost for insurance on the house you are living in did not go up.

-Z

Primary residence is often regarded differently than investment property, perhaps that is why the cost for insurance on the house you are living in did not go up.

-Z
Maybe... my rental in SC that was not my primary residence nor my only mortgage had similar pricing (not cost). I kept a policy that was only for fire and something else. No personal property and had a 1M liability on it. It was significantly less than my primary home and fully covered for normal claims.

Ok, I found out why my home address was not accepted by several companies. Verizon couldn't ship to my home address, and they explained: All delivery addresses are confirmed thru a USPS data base, and they have me at POB 69. I complained to my local post master who said she had the same problem, but I insisted that this is a nationwide problem so there must be a solution. She is going to check with her superiors.

but I insisted that this is a nationwide problem so there must be a solution.

If only that kind of logic worked on this planet.

Good luck cowboy!

-Z

Ok, I found out why my home address was not accepted by several companies. Verizon couldn't ship to my home address, and they explained: All delivery addresses are confirmed thru a USPS data base, and they have me at POB 69. I complained to my local post master who said she had the same problem, but I insisted that this is a nationwide problem so there must be a solution. She is going to check with her superiors.
If only that kind of logic worked on this planet.

Good luck cowboy!

-Z
Well, I did indeed locate an alleged fix. The postmaster had me call the South Plains Association of Governments, which had an employee who knew exactly what my problem was. She looked my house up on google maps, then sent an e-letter to USPS to add the address to their database. How and how soon I can confirm the fix remains to be seen, but the call to the postmaster seemed to have got me headed down the path. Other locations outside of the Texas South Plains will be referred to other agencies I suppose, but there is a method.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom