Who is LexisNexis and why is my car insurance going up so much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a farmhouse insured thru a local agency. I need to give them a call. I quit them when I first got that farm and the house I live in as my brother has just trusted them but my house was way overcharged, insured with the same company that carried the farmhouse. I dropped the farmhouse and changed companies on my house, then years later decided to cover the farmhouse again, even tho there are only two expensive companies that would write it.

USAA... even if I somehow pay a few dollars more I get far better customer service.

USAA... even if I somehow pay a few dollars more I get far better customer service.
I work for a large insurance company with “state” in the name; my wife works for the other large one with “state” in the name. Our insurance is with USAA. We just couldn’t beat the rates they gave us.

I work for a large insurance company with “state” in the name; my wife works for the other large one with “state” in the name. Our insurance is with USAA. We just couldn’t beat the rates they gave us.
That's good to know

Our insurance is with USAA. We just couldn’t beat the rates they gave us.
I tried their site. I get my mail at a POBox while my house is in the same little town at 611 SW 4th St, or the utilities all say 613 SW 4th St. I have tried writing that house address all sorts of ways but the site will not accept it. I guess I have to call.

Edit: They take calls in the evening. The lady could not get their system to accept me so I was asked to send photos of my Discharge and DD214. The email for that request gave a link, which requires me to register, on the site that does not like my house address. Catch-22!

I tried calling USAA again. We went round and round, but no joy. Gave up.
I tried their site. I get my mail at a POBox while my house is in the same little town at 611 SW 4th St, or the utilities all say 613 SW 4th St. I have tried writing that house address all sorts of ways but the site will not accept it. I guess I have to call.
Why is it that so many sites will not accept my street address?

I called my local agency that carries insurance on my farmhouse. Their quote was $100 higher than AAA's. I guess I'll just pay the current bill.

I tried calling USAA again. We went round and round, but no joy. Gave up.
Were they not able to pull up your address? When you enter your address do you ever get a "preferred usps" address instead?

Were they not able to pull up your address? When you enter your address do you ever get a "preferred usps" address instead
We went round and round. They can't do anything until I send a copy of my DD214. When I go back to that email and try that link, it goes to Login. They did find my account number and told me to try USAA+that number, but that does to system down.

We went round and round. They can't do anything until I send a copy of my DD214. When I go back to that email and try that link, it goes to Login. They did find my account number and told me to try USAA+that number, but that does to system down.

Is the address messing USAA up?

Is the address messing USAA up?
No, the site simply won't accept it. I have had that problem on other sites. Maybe they just won't accept a three digit street number. The problem is that they need my DD214 to prove I am a real vet.
DD214. When I go back to that email and try that link, it goes to Login.

They did find my account number and told me to try USAA+that number, but that does to system down.
I still get that response. I doubt that their site has been down for 12 hours, and doesn't show down on any other page. Maybe they want me to go away, which I am.

Back
Top Bottom