Which set of budget gear (Aqualung, Mares, or Scubapro)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 2 cents worth.....
Had a Scubapro Mark V.... Bought in 1976..... Dad gum thing actually WORE out after using it as primary for 10 years & octopus for another 19 or so years. So much for life time warranty. First stage right as rain still, 2nd stage has some wear issues. My g250 (21 years old?) is octopus with a 350 as a primary. The 350 bought at a pawn shop in 1992. Bought a blue Scubapro BC in 1984(?). Turned a sick looking kinda greenish bluish color although it was still blue under the pocket on the left side. It started blowing streams of teeny tiney bubbles out of the seams in 2003 so I retired it. Bought a new Scubapro BC then.
Had a pair of Super jets that only lasted from 1976 to 2007. The rail on one of the fins broke & the foot pocket kinda fell apart. Remember that these were pre-silicon days. I did have a NST Dacor snorkel that only lasted about 25 years, this was also presilicon. It took a couple of years to find one made like it - NO PURGE VALVE!!!! - NO EXTRA GARBAGE ON THE TOP OR IN THE TUBE ITSELF!!!! Found an identical snorkle made by Aropec from Taiwan. So I bought three made in silicon. I Also found a "new" old stock Dacor NST in silicon on Ebay, so I bought it. At 56years of age I probably am snorkel fixed until I die. I am STILL diving DiveQuip 3000 steel 94.6 cubic
feet (called steel hundreds, cave diving tanks) made in October 1970. A Dacor knife some 13 inches long from 1973.
Anyway.... I tend to stay with Scubapro. Great gear, great dealer support - mandatory as far as I am concerned. Any Scubapro dealer is HAPPY to deal with Scubapro gear regardless of where I bought it. And seeing that I tend to wander a bit in my Scuba travels I need that!!!
But the main reason I need quality dive gear is that I ascribe to the Old Diving Instructor gear maintenance guide of "Rinse & clean gear!!!!! I don't think so!!!!!I just got out of the water with it!!!!! Just use it till it rots off, then replace it!!!!!! (Apologies to Rat Fink! you are telling your age if you remember them!!!!"
Grady PADI MSDT 9158 FSDA 201 (remember them!)

I have had experiance with the Scuba Pro set shown and have very good experiance with it. Fairly simple, dependable and robust design.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom