Where do you get your normal supplies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanimal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where do folks get their supplies of divesorb ( or your brand)?
What do you use for disinfectant and where do you get it?
Where do you get your lubricant (Molykote 111)?

I expect to know more about the divesorb and if any of the other brands are safe after my training this weekend, But the other supplies and proper alternatives are of interest. I am obviously not looking in the right places so any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

I use W.R. Grace's Sodasorb 6-12 HP, and most shops around here carry it, too, due to pretty competitive prices. No matter what rebreathers they support. Steam Machines disrtibutes Sodasorb , and they also supply just about everything I need, like Pro Gold and Christolube.

I've been using diluted Betadyne to clean the loop so far, it's what they recommend.

scubanimal:

I expect to know more about the divesorb and if any of the other brands are safe after my training this weekend, But the other supplies and proper alternatives are of interest. I am obviously not looking in the right places so any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Love the counter counting the day's left to your class!!!

Good luck, and welcome to the silent world of rebreather's !

scubanimal:

Thanks,

I would ask your local instructor where he gets his Sodasorb. If there is nothing locally for you, I would consider going through Divers Supply (www.diverssupplyinc.net). You can order a 37 pound pail of Sodasorb HP, 5 gallon for $65 plus shipping (the shipping is about $15 to Florida).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom