Where do you get your oxygen cylinders filled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cthippo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I picked up a couple "E" sized O2 cylinders yesterday off Craigslist and I am wondering where I might be able to get them filled. Will welding supply places fill medical cylinders? Do they balk if they have labels from a previous owner? Does the same 5 year cycle apply to hydro testing and does anyone check? What has your experience been?

Filled for what, I grab a bottle from the oxygen shop, and transfill it, boost it into my storage bottles
put some in some dive tanks for pp blending, or can put some through a stick then take bottle back
and breathe some sometimes to empty the bottle too

Adventures Underwater, Inc will fill just about every type of cylinder from SCBA; Med Cylinder, Aviator Cylinder, Paintball Cylinder, Scuba, etc.

We don’t have Nitrogen or CO2

I have a E bottle fill whip and fill my own from a T bottle of ABO.

Or get a medical o2 generator with a bottle filler, and fill your own tanks, slow but works,
I have even use it for cutting torch, you can't tell the difference,
For rebreather you have to dump occasionally because argon accumulates

If you take them to a commercial gas supplier, make darned sure that they are customer owned. If they're waif rentals, they'll take them from you. I've had some nasty fights over welding tanks over the years. Most commercial gas/welding places don't want anything to do with walk-ins.

Back
Top Bottom