Question Caribbean Dive Recommendations - Long Weekend Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you! Thats a great idea! I love crashnoat to swim at.
So when you come down the hill and see the pier in front of you, is that where the diving is? Or do you walk down the beach a bit to the left or right? I haven’t been there in a few years, but I think there’s something in the water to the left.
Here’s the dive site map. Park on the left side of the pier. There are showers there you can use to rinse the equipment once you’re done.

I suggest you stay around the area I circled. It’s all 30ft or less.

I dived for 71 minutes. Started at 3000psi and ended with 600psi.

IMG_9095.jpeg

We were going with Tiano but I guess they pulled their boat due to the swells
I’ve heard Taino has been very disappointing when it comes to going to Desecheo. They announce it in their site but never go.

I booked with them to go there but they ended up in Tres Palmas reserve. I don’t think it was due to weather conditions but rather because they sold six spaces to snorkelers. Anyways, I’m not diving with them any more.

I heard Aquatica in Aguadilla is going. But I haven’t given them a call yet. If you do, let us know

Also, I have recommendation for boat dives in La Parguera and Guanica, if you want. Let me know.
I really appreciate your help and insight!!
If you know anyone doing boat dives this weekend I’d appreciate any info

The only day we can dive is Saturday. Doesn’t look like anyone is going out down there

Here’s the dive site map. Park on the left side of the pier. There are showers there you can use to rinse the equipment once you’re done.

I suggest you stay around the area I circled. It’s all 30ft or less.

I dived for 71 minutes. Started at 3000psi and ended with 600psi.

View attachment 824277
Awesome! Didn’t see your reply until just now

I’ve heard Taino has been very disappointing when it comes to going to Desecheo. They announce it in their site but never go.

I booked with them to go there but they ended up in Tres Palmas reserve. I don’t think it was due to weather conditions but rather because they sold six spaces to snorkelers. Anyways, I’m not diving with them any more.

I heard Aquatica in Aguadilla is going. But I haven’t given them a call yet. If you do, let us know
Great. Ill
Call them tomorrow and will post w you

Depends on where you live on the Great Lakes. The Straits are an 8 hour drive each way for me. There’s day boats out of Milwaukee I’ve dived off before. Diving up here ain’t cheap. Could be $150 for a two dive half day charter.
Well, that’s a lot cheaper than a two-tank on Maui.

C'mon, back in 2017 Roatan had more green Morays than any place in the Caribbean and was the last place we've seen large Black Groupers.
Oh how I would love to see some black groupers anywhere! My assessment of Roatan was based on a 10-day stay at Anthony's Key in May 2022. Looking back in my logbook, I didn't see any green morays or black groupers then. There was more to see on the night dives than during the day.

My 2023 Caribbean dive destinations were St. Eustatius, Curacao, and Cozumel, and I keep hoping the next trip will be better. The oceans are forever changed after COVID due to overfishing worldwide, thereby disrupting the food chain, and it will be a very long time, if ever, that the balancing of fish stocks will recover. I'd love to say that Caribbean destinations are worthy of traveling to for scuba diving, but that just isn't the case right now, at least for me.

Oh how I would love to see some black groupers anywhere! My assessment of Roatan was based on a 10-day stay at Anthony's Key in May 2022. Looking back in my logbook, I didn't see any green morays or black groupers then. There was more to see on the night dives than during the day.

My 2023 Caribbean dive destinations were St. Eustatius, Curacao, and Cozumel, and I keep hoping the next trip will be better. The oceans are forever changed after COVID due to overfishing worldwide, thereby disrupting the food chain, and it will be a very long time, if ever, that the balancing of fish stocks will recover. I'd love to say that Caribbean destinations are worthy of traveling to for scuba diving, but that just isn't the case right now, at least for me.
We dived from TBR, mostly in the North, and most of the Groupers we've seen were around the Eagle Wreck. But we also saw Yellowfin and Yellowmouth elsewhere.

Curacao became overfished long time before covid, so I believe the main problem is population growth and mass tourism via cruise ships. This is what's driving the demand for more and more seafood in local eateries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom