What’s your favorite pair of fins and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My all time favorite is the "Giant UDT Duck Feet". They have no strap (as such) to break or foul & you can get a side job towing barges around. :D
"Regular" Duck Feet are available for folks wanting to work their way up to the 'giants'.
http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/photogalleries.php?s=1586

Back in production again, cost about $75
Regulars are about $45 - $55.

Jet Fins. Large, sturdy, and built to last. Keeps my legs strong for the pack into dive sites.

Bob, I just have to compliment you on your collection of UDT fins. Wow, what a great bunch you got there. In my earlier post I said UDT Frogfeet and I meant Duckfeet--sorry--my bad! I too have some of those Churchills and have owned numerous UDT fins. Unfortunately my only remaining set that is useable are the brand new version. Have not got them in the water yet other than the bathtub! What do you think of them? Where might I look to find more? new or old? Anyways, I am working on some things on the basement here and keep hopping on to the computer wasteing my time! Yes, Voit UDT Duckfeet rule! Thanks for the great pic. N

The Mares Quattros are amazing. Like many of the other members have explained, fins within the "Jetfin" category are for some people and all the others are for others. I understand that is extremely vague, but I am only seperating all fins into a "jetfin" and "non jetfin". Recommendation? Try them out. You may be a jetfin person or x fin person or y fin person, but you may be one of the rare people to perfer the Mares Quattros.

Poseidon8118:
I’m curious if any other divers out there are as loyal to their fins as I. I have had four different regulators, three different bc’s, three different wetsuits and a multitude of different scuba accessories from many different companies, but the fins remain the same. I have tried over fifteen pairs in the past twenty years and the only ones I like are the Scubapro Jetfin and the Scubapro Seawing.

Scubapro Jetfin: Since 1965 this fin has been the most successful outside the USD Rockets. Maybe I’m just old school but I find these fins to be easy on my calves and a real plus on those long dives. The Jetfin is a very dependable fin that has never let me down. The pair I bought twenty years ago still has its original strap, and after well over a hundred dives still performs the same.

Scubapro Seawing: Purchase these back in 86 and over the years they still put a smile on my face. This is one fast stiff fin and in many cases my favorite. This one helps me to keep up with my son and the growing number of younger divers out there.
SCUBAPRO JETFINS (hard rubber not the plastic) ...... purchased in 1968 and used on more than 500 dives ... have changed regulators 3 times and owned over a dozen masks but have kept my original fins ....

I learned with the Apollo Pro-Bio Splits. They seemed to work fine in New Jersey with a dry suit as well as in Florida in warm water.

Original USD Blades. Own three pair, two in FL and one in IL. Have used others in the past, such as Otaries, Jet Fins, Rocket Fins, & Compros, but the Blades are the most comfortable for me.

Original Blades. Comfortable for me and do the job.
Used to have Scubapro Seawings, until a blade cracked. Loved those fins.

garyfotodiver:
Original USD Blades. Own three pair, two in FL and one in IL.
I'm also a fan of the USD/Aqualung original Blades. I have 2 pairs of the Blades, and a pair of IST Turtles/Jetfins (don't know exact name, because I found them, along with 16# weightbelt offshore from Ulua outer reef in Maui). While the Jetfins are easier on the ankles due to their smaller size, the stiff Blades are really well suited for energy conserving frog kicks.

A vote for original Rocket Fins, had mine since 1978. Full foot Blades for warm water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom