What is your LDS and WHY? (Phoenix Area)

Dive shops

• All Wet Scuba

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • AquaBlue Sports

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • El Mar Diving Center

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Inland Water Divers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NDepth Scuba

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Ocean Planet Scuba

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Oasis Divers

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paradise Scuba

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Saguaro Diving & Sports

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Scuba Sciences

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Scuba Specialties

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Sports Chalet

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote is for Scuba Sciences. When I was researching where I wanted to take classes, I went into several different stores here in the valley. I felt more comfortable going into the Scuba Sciences store on 7th St, vs any of the other stores. After talking to the staff at that store, I made a trip up to the Metro store, just to check out the staff there. After asking about the continuing education (advanced diver), and was told of their class being all-inclusive instead of by each specialty, I signed up, and haven't looked back. I enjoy going to their monthly meetings, and meeting new people.

My wife told me she wanted to scuba dive, we went to a couple of scuba stores and settled on Scuba Sciences. They have the longest training that I am aware of.

I believe that you cannot train, learn or practice too much. If you want to feel comfortable in the water you need to practice your skills over and over.

Later,

Scuba Diving is a sport, and athlete's practice all the time. :weakest:

steeleflyn:
I believe that you cannot train, learn or practice too much. If you want to feel comfortable in the water you need to practice your skills over and over.

I agree. That's why we're at the lake every couple of weeks. :D

shark.byte.usa:
That's why I promote and support local lake diving and I'm out at Lake Pleasant every chance I can get, beats practicing in a pool anytime.

-Garrett

Garrrtt, If you wanted to dive more, you could get involved with Scuba Sciences or someone ? , and become a dive master , then you could go on as many Ocean diving trips as you want at no Charge, some of our people dive 2-3 weekends a month year round and they have gained real experiences in the ocean , I know you love diving ..... give it a thought ,Paul :14:

scubapig52:
Garrrtt, If you wanted to dive more, you could get involved with Scuba Sciences or someone ? , and become a dive master , then you could go on as many Ocean diving trips as you want at no Charge, some of our people dive 2-3 weekends a month year round and they have gained real experiences in the ocean , I know you love diving ..... give it a thought ,Paul :14:

Paul I have considered it, and after some time and soul searching, I decided not to GO PRO, it's just not for me (right now), I like people, but I also like to walk away if I want to :wink:, do what I want to, I don't want to be any agency's role model, that's not me and I'm not the most patient man in the world. I'm aware of my shortcummings :D.

I'm also a single father and would never want to run off without my kidz to the ocean 2-3x's a month, as appealing as that much ocean diving sounds. I only have a couple years until they don't want anything to do with me anyways :( I make it to the ocean about once a month on average (going twice this month, just went weekend before last). I also get free room & board and can bring my kids and dog along so they can spend "quality" time with their grandparents, so I kindof have an everybody wins situation. Have tons of friends, buddies & mentors in SoCal (see I like people :D ), so that's not an issue. I make it onto boats to the islands and have done shore diving from Malibu to San Diego. I think I do better than most AZ non-pros and some pros in that regard.

When I'm not at the ocean I can be found (or easily persuaded) often putzing around at Lake Pleasant diving, honing my skills, fiddling with my camera, scouting new sites, hanging with the homies on surface intervals, etc. It's not the ocean, but it's a great local resource.

Your right I LOVE diving and I try to make the best of what's available. I currently dive as much as "life" allows. I wish it was more but it is what it is...

Regards,
Garrett

scubapig52:

Ah, hah!

Well i'm glad to see everyone is still getting along.I hope i'm still welcomed in here........Thanks..........................Timmay.........................

I have gone to SSI and I got certified PADI after. Scuba Specialties was a better fit for me and my dive buddy. They are GREAT! Good classes and great instructers, they really make you feel like your a part of the team. San Carlos trips are AWESOME and they have multiple every month. WAY better for open water certs than California GO DIVE WITH SEA LIONS!!!! They are amazing! :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom