What is your LDS and WHY? (Phoenix Area)

Dive shops

• All Wet Scuba

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • AquaBlue Sports

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • El Mar Diving Center

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Inland Water Divers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NDepth Scuba

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Ocean Planet Scuba

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Oasis Divers

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paradise Scuba

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Saguaro Diving & Sports

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Scuba Sciences

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Scuba Specialties

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Sports Chalet

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajcf:
Hi Guys, Perhaps this will help people. This is the standard I try to use when posting on Scubaboard.

I think Rob follows (pretty much) the same procedure. As most know, I was an instructor at Scuba Specialties for several years. Most people on the board knew that. In February, I became a partner in Oasis (Stephen Ash helped let everyone know by creating the thread). In March, I became a partner in Downtown Scuba.

I have actively used the marketplace and calendar to promote my classes and trips at both shops. While posting in the main forum, I've always tried to remain neutral. In fact there are many posts where I have pointed someone to El Mar, All Wet, or other shops (I followed Stephen Ash's posts and emulated him when I first joined).

This is a community for sharing information and facilitating the growth of our sport. If you want to advertise, use the marketplace. That's what is there for. In the cases where my shop has been able to help, I have tried to throw out other options and my shop. In those cases, I usually put a small line at the bottom of my posting with the words "Full Disclosure, I work for ..."

I hope this helps ...

John Flanders

jcf

////

I believe John and I use the Board the way it was intended to be used. We try not to flame anyone. We try not to be judgmental. We're just here to have a good time and share our enthusiasm for the sport. I have recommended shops to students. I don't sell gear, so I have no reason not to. I have also recommended shops for instruction if my schedule doesn't match those of a student.

I have made some non neutral comments from time to time, but that's usually only after I've gotten tired of the continuous banter.

And my full disclosure is in my sig line and my avatar. It's obvious what I do. :D

I'm glad we're finally playing nice. I hope if there were vacations handed out that when they're over this will continue.

See you at the lake!

El Mar Cause they are close to me and have Nitrox fills:D

Wow, after looking at the poll results, and the date of this thread, I bet things have changed quite a bit on everyones favorites, and their reasons why. :happywave:

Geez it's like I never left, all these old threads popping up, it's like a do-over, dejavu, or was my foray into the seedy underbelly of the PHX scuba industry just a bad dream and I never really left SB :wink: Well, I can now without a shadow of a doubt tell you my least favorite(s) :rofl3: I smell a poll :no:

-Garrett

I have a few least favorites over the past few years but its because the ex husband is an instructor at a lds. Hehe well maybe he is the least favorite but his shop isn't.

Geez it's like I never left, all these old threads popping up, it's like a do-over, dejavu, or was my foray into the seedy underbelly of the PHX scuba industry just a bad dream and I never really left SB :wink: Well, I can now without a shadow of a doubt tell you my least favorite(s) :rofl3: I smell a poll :no:

-Garrett

Welcome back, Garrett! Good to see you here on a regular basis again!

Welcome back, Garrett! Good to see you here on a regular basis again!
Ya well we'll see once I start the new job on Monday but I probably won't disappear altogether again :D Especially with great topics like this popping back up :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom