What Is The Best Octopus Holder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I Need A Octopus Holder For My Bc ,Whats a Really Good One And Where Can I Purchase IT?

I had a octo holder, bright orange (mouth piece shaped) and all. Gave up on it. Found that the BEST is a rubber band cut from an old bicycle tyre looped into the BCD's Strap. Try it, and it's dirt cheap, black and works like a charm. :)

Pony tail holder. (The kind without the corroding metal bits.) Doesn't last forever, but they're dirt cheap and useful for all sorts of things. I have a stash of them that I use for everything from photography to hiking to diving to... well... to holding my pony tail.

Just put a loop through a D-ring, pull the other end through that loop, and there you go. Just pull it around the mouthpiece and you're all set. When it starts losing elasticity, just replace it.

(It's not the best for any possible situation, but it's quite simple, straightforward, inexpensive, etc. Oh, and if you yank it really hard, it'll just break, which I consider a reasonable result.)

I use what my LDS sold my when I bought my octo, its a piece of rubber loop that streches to fit over the mouth piece of the secondary 2nd satge and it has a clip to attach to a d ring. When some one pulles on the octo it just slips right off but otherwise is secure. and that too was cheep, less that $5, I think.

One foot long surgical tubing around my neck and two tie-raps ...

Total.... $ 1,50 .....And it does the trick .... Ask any tech diver !!!

shark_tamer:
One foot long surgical tubing around my neck and two tie-raps ...

Total.... $ 1,50 .....And it does the trick .... Ask any tech diver !!!

Yep. Make a necklace (1/8" bungee is better than surgical tubing, it doesn't rot as quickly; knots better than tie wraps) Then get a longer primary hose and donate that, not the octo. Having the octo right there is handy is someone rips your primary out of your mouth.

Just my 2 cents.

Sharky1948:
Then get a longer primary hose and donate that, not the octo. Having the octo right there is handy is someone rips your primary out of your mouth.

Just my 2 cents.

That's why I dive with a 7' primary hose !!!! and the octo close by, that you can grab with your mouth !!!:wink:

shark_tamer:
That's why I dive with a 7' primary hose !!!! and the octo close by, that you can grab with your mouth !!!:wink:

I dive a 1' primary so when my wife grabs it she has to kiss me to get the air.:rofl3:

Snorkel keeper for a traditional octo rig.

But yes, I think the long hose setup is superior, although it's a bigger step.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom