I need recommendation on a good Octo holder.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard Dayan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Octo always falls out of the holder when I jump in, I tried 2 kinds of holders. What can you recommend, to use? So many out there to choose from, many are junk and its confusing to choose. I don't use a compass so magnetic is ok, but some rust or are not strong etc. Maybe there is a super good one out there, please help. Also, I use Mifelx hose.

Thank you

I use the SCUBAPRO Octopus Tank Holder, Magnetic for the last 4 years without any issues. Holds the octo well. Available on Amazon

I'm really like the Dive Rite Octo Holder, although the shock cord degrades over time. Maybe a decade, so not that big a deal! Otherwise, a primary donate style necklace for your octopus.

I found the Scubapro Octo holder & plug to be the best, it actually held and could still be easily accessed when needed.

I found the Scubapro Octo holder & plug to be the best, it actually held and could still be easily accessed when needed.

Which reg do you use?I have both Scubapro regs and an Apeks Xtx50 reg and I find the circumference of the base of the mouthpiece on the Apeks to be quite large compared to Scubapro.

So I have doubts if the Scubapro octo holder will be able to stretch and clamp around an Apeks without ripping off the mouthpiece if tugged at…

Been using the one below for about 5 years now and never have any issues coming loose. I feed a loop of the octo hose into the round rubber part, I don't put the octo mouthpiece in there (you can, but I'm always concerned that yanking the octo out quickly might then pull the mouthpiece off when you need it most). My configuration worked great for octo drills during my Rescue Diver course.

Best solution imo is just a small piece of bungee around one your BDC strap. Beside being cheap; it also hola your second stage much better (it doesn't dangle, and the second stage doesn't get out by itself) while being easier to remove than most plastic stuff you will find out ther

Back
Top Bottom