Can I use my 11 year old wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it fits (often a problem after kids) and is still comfortable, it's likely good to go. It might have lost a little insulating value, but that's a personal judgment call for you.

Your question "Can I use my 11 year old wetsuit" triggered my sarcastic side, which I decided to hold in check.

However, I will say that when my plant identification students ask "Can you eat this plant?" I have only one response:

"Sure you can eat it."

[long pause as they acquire a bit]

"You can eat any plant once."

Purchased a Henderson 3mm in June of 2008 and first used in on my 11th dive in St. Croix - only wore it ~70 dives (not a lot) last using it at the end of March 2022. The knee pads were starting to separate a little from the neoprene and I had some ravelings at a few seams, but over 14 years it was a good wetsuit. I traded it to the last dive op I went with in Grand Bahama for a hat!

Looking back, I found that I've used my shorty much more than I used the 3mm full suit and rented 5mm's or 7mm's some other places I've been.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom