What Is The Best Octopus Holder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neil:
FYI: I had seen some instructors use the method where the octo hose is folded and tucked up into the strap of the BC. It seemed like a good idea for the times when nothing else was available. I tried it but have had an instance where the octo failed to deploy, being stuck on the buckle somehow. That method is now in the trash.
I was shown this method for use with a rental BC that had no octo holder. I disliked it then for the reason you mention, but also because it put a severe bend in the hose. Perhaps OK in the short run, but certainly damaging in the long run. And, this was one of the little variables in rented equipment that crystallized my need to get my own gear.

Code Monkey:
My wife and I went through several different kinds before we settled on Zeagle's double-flap Velcro thingy (can't find it on Zeagle's site). Works great!
that's what everyone (9 divers, from beginer to instructor) that i know uses...
could it be a "local" thing? you know- you tend to use what most in your area use?!

I use an o-ring that is folded in half around the hose and is zip-tied to a stainless steel snap. The snap is then attached to my d-ring. One good pull on the octo, and the o-ring breaks, freeing the octo.

I have been using the mouthpiece holder from Scubapro for many years. I absolutely love it! It holds the octo up high, releases quickly and keeps things out of the way.

It is the best $5 you'll spend!

Here's what it looks like:

img10362471644.jpeg

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

I keep two snorkle keepers on my bc. One is for my octo and the other for my computer. Cheap and easy.

I use one like this it even keeps the reg from free flowing under almost any situation.

octoballsnap.jpg

I like the surgical tube method, similar to the one TDL just put out, but homemade. Highly visible right below your neck, easily accessable for a panicked buddy OOA, and easily accessible for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom