I need recommendation on a good Octo holder.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been fine with the simple octo holder.

Attachments

• cb4d869d-d642-46d6-9e5d-ffc098ca5d83.a259f44d8efc0531143ff22c4e24e911-123813113.jpeg
    cb4d869d-d642-46d6-9e5d-ffc098ca5d83.a259f44d8efc0531143ff22c4e24e911-123813113.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 31
(For people who may be reading and less familiar.)

For anyone who wishes to secondary donate, use a necklace, or any other "non standard" config, I recommend telling your dive buddy which regulator is theirs in an emergency.
"That one! Right there! That's YOUR emergency air source!" (pointing to the reg attached to his pony bottle).

What?

Here’s my regulator kit attached to my BCD using the double hose clips looks like.

View attachment 820660

I tried different kinds of Octopus attachments mentioned previously and got detached during a few of giant stride entries. This attachment seems to hold the Octopus better than the others.

The double hose clip also allows me to clip my primary 2nd stage regulator (with the blue hose) next to the Octopus when I’m not using it, as shown in the picture, above. I don’t need to reach out behind me and swipe my right arm to find the blue hose as it is right there attached to my BCD right shoulder D-ring.
Interesting idea… I’m going to try it.

Reactions: Dan
Here they are the ones with great grippage

073.JPG

But without, the too much great grippage

I should also add that the octopus will still fall out with a snorkel keeper, just not as often as with all the other expensive garbage options.

I’ve had zero fall-out since I started making sure it got inserted past the mouthpiece zip tie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom