What Happens When You Just Have To GO!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you do when you are driving on a super highway with no rest stops for many miles and the traffic is bumper to bumper crawling slowly or at a dead stop, and you've just had your 3rd coffee of the afternoon with a jelly donut?

I thought so.

I got a couple of biscuits at a gas station on the way to the Cooper River. I dropped in and was having a great dive until I got a kicking sensation in my stomach. I surfaced and unzipped the dry suit and went off the side of the boat. Note to self...never eat at an unknown place prior to a dive.

Just one of the unadvertised reasons I really like my 5mm Gold Core full suit.

Nice job, so to speak.

4000' back in a cave when my stomach made the mind altering grumble. The urge was suppressed as I began toward the exit. I made record time with my swimming and held out long enough to finish my decompression. The short swim down the spring run seemed to last forever. I began dropping my tanks and gear in the basin before I ever reached the stairs. I ran up the stairs and discarded my rebreather and began running towards the bathroom while I peeled out of my drysuit. I am sure that I looked like some form of circus act at this time. I was still in my undergarments when I reached the bathroom door..........................

Let's just say that up until then I was in control. Suddenly I was just thankful that there were hot showers there too.

Not one of my favorite memories. :-(

This isn't while diving but during a dive trip. In Africa, our toilet was broken on the boat. One of the girls was suffering from traveler's diarrhea and had to go. She ended up off the end of the boat hanging on to a rope going in the water with the entire group of divers and crew watching her and joking. I'm sure pictures were taken and videos posted on You Tube.

Happened once!
Ascent to the surface, told the boat to go away, removed the gear but held on to it with one hand, quickly unzipped the wet suit....
Climbed back to the boat afterwards.

What do you do when you are driving on a super highway with no rest stops for many miles and the traffic is bumper to bumper crawling slowly or at a dead stop, and you've just had your 3rd coffee of the afternoon with a jelly donut?

I thought so.

Hold it 'til the first exit if possible. Find a place--McDonald's, etc. If you're out in the boonies look to forest. If you're not, but the is no public rest room, park unobtrusively and use the make shift facilities you should always have in the car (where you also have toilet paper in a drawer). Facilities may include such things as plastic bucket and supermarket bags, initially for the purpose of housing the fish you speared.

You must figure I am occasionally in the boonies. Now... Let's talk piss pots and use in NYC traffic.

Oh man! What are you guys eating? I've never had anything close to this experience in my life yet. Knock on coral.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom