What fins should I get? HELP PLEASE!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a while to replace my fins. I was leaning over to buying the mares volo power, but started hearing coments on other fins. I would like to know what you guys think i should buy. I want my fins to be open heel. I have several options in mind:

Mares Volo Power
Scuba Pro Twin Jet
*Oceanic Vortex V-12
*Atomic Aquatics SplitFin
*Aqualung V-TEK (*which are basicalyy the same.)

I am 5'6 and i am an average swimer, i live in honduras and mainly dive here.
Maybe someone can give me some light on which to get and maybe why one is better than the other.
Thanks
Roberto

Hope you get your answer, but I think it might be hard to find someone that has tried all of those. Seeing that occrider is the same height might make a difference, but, weight and type of gear is a factor too. Tough question.

Roberto Calderon:
Mares Volo Power
Scuba Pro Twin Jet
*Oceanic Vortex V-12
*Atomic Aquatics SplitFin
*Aqualung V-TEK (*which are basicalyy the same.)

I haven't tried too many fins, but I love my V-Tek's. Tons of divers in my area seem to have them... perhaps there was a sale. There isn't much info on them on Scubaboard.

I can swim very fast, and have dove a few times in relatively heavy current without a problem. Also, you can barely feel them on your feet.

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever fin you choose.

- ChillyWaters

Jets or turtles, preferably pink.

Try out some Mares Quattros. They are relatively inexpensive and a great set of fins. They can usually be purchased for $100 or less.

There's going to be someone somewhere that raves about every one of those fins, or hates them. It would be like trying to compare the quality of bananas over the phone. You just have to put them on and give each a try.

There are several fins that are quite regularly raved about here, but again that could be because they really are good or lots of people think they ought to like them since apparently others do.

Good luck,
Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom