What ever happened to RESPECT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Earlier today I thought I had successfully posted several eloquent paragraphs regarding the lie of evolution and that changing the subject seems to be a popular means of countering logic. However, the posts seem to now be missing. Rather than simply edit whatever personal attacks it was believed to contain, the entire post was removed?

Wow. 2000 years ago JC was killed for speaking the truth to a secular and/or religious group of people. I've merely been deleted. I am, never the less, honored to be hated by the world.

Have a nice weekend.

G_M

TheDivingPreacher:
A basic principle of evolution is that man is getting more intelligent, stronger, longer living, technology has made us proud. Very similar to just prior to the confusion of languages at the tower of Babel. A major concept behind evolution is that we do not need God to explain our universe. WE are figuring it out on our own. We are getting better and better and smarter and smarter and will one day build ships and fly around like star trek.
Several cults also teach this doctrine. That men, can achieve their own godhood and have their own planet to govern. The key is, that man can be like God.

The devil told Eve, "ye shall be as gods"
the thought was that man didn't need God, man could be "as God"
Same thought, new age.
Again you seem to be misunderstanding evolution. Why do you think that man is somehow the master of evolution? There are no guarantees that mankind will still exist at some time in the future. How long we last will be measured by our ability to adapt - and get that adaptation right. I don't know how old you are but when I was a kid there weren't many people who didn't accept that some form of total destruction involving a nuclear holocaust was a very real possibility. Even today the possibility is still there. Evolution only favours survivors.

Back to the original question...

I just wanted to say for a moment, how great my respect for many members of this board has grown through this thread.

I have really been enjoying the dialogue here and am pleased to see how communities such as this one truly function for the greater learning and edification of us all.

I consider it an honor to be able to call you friends.

Green_Manelishi:
Earlier today I thought I had successfully posted several eloquent paragraphs regarding the lie of evolution and that changing the subject seems to be a popular means of countering logic. However, the posts seem to now be missing. Rather than simply edit whatever personal attacks it was believed to contain, the entire post was removed?

i can assure you that i have not removed or in any way edited any of your posts.

i don't see any evidence of any other Mod doing that either,
from looking at the thread.

perhaps you forgot to hit "Submit Reply?" i've done that
before.

KimLeece:
Evolution only favours survivors.

Then we survivors, that is mankind, killing everything and/or everyone weak enough to be killed should be hailed as the pinnacle of evolutionary progress. No?

H2Andy:
i can assure you that i have not removed or in any way edited any of your posts.

i don't see any evidence of any other Mod doing that either,
from looking at the thread.

perhaps you forgot to hit "Submit Reply?" i've done that
before.

Had I not been edited before, and in one case threatened with suspension, I would accept that as a possibility.

Green_Manelishi:
Then we survivors, that is mankind, killing everything and/or everyone weak enough to be killed should be hailed as the pinnacle of evolutionary progress. No?
As the evolutionary process is still running it's course I'd say that it's too soon to tell. As evolution is an on-going thing it will always be that way.

Green_Manelishi:
Had I not been edited before, and in one case threatened with suspension, I would accept that as a possibility.

Feel free to post what you think was removed GM. I will make sure it stays. Unless of course it violates TOS.

ok, again, i state that i have not removed nor edited any of Green's posts

I never said you did Andy, in fact i know you didn't but GM doesn't know that does he?

Back
Top Bottom