What ever happened to RESPECT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
I share no view with a jihadist. I simply am a true believer in the truth. They are true believers in a lie.
So you say they believe a lie. However, they believe the same about you, and it is there, my friend, where your views parallel a jihadist's views. Only that as H2Andy said, they act on their beliefs differently than you in shoving them down people's throat.

As TDP says on his signature, that's pretty narrow thinking, and narrow thinking is almost always not a good thing.

A basic principle of evolution is that man is getting more intelligent, stronger, longer living, technology has made us proud. Very similar to just prior to the confusion of languages at the tower of Babel. A major concept behind evolution is that we do not need God to explain our universe. WE are figuring it out on our own. We are getting better and better and smarter and smarter and will one day build ships and fly around like star trek.
Several cults also teach this doctrine. That men, can achieve their own godhood and have their own planet to govern. The key is, that man can be like God.

The devil told Eve, "ye shall be as gods"
the thought was that man didn't need God, man could be "as God"
Same thought, new age.

You've got to earn it not demand it.

TheDivingPreacher:
A basic principle of evolution is that man is getting more intelligent, stronger, longer living, technology has made us proud. Very similar to just prior to the confusion of languages at the tower of Babel. A major concept behind evolution is that we do not need God to explain our universe. WE are figuring it out on our own. We are getting better and better and smarter and smarter and will one day build ships and fly around like star trek.
Several cults also teach this doctrine. That men, can achieve their own godhood and have their own planet to govern. The key is, that man can be like God.

Same thought, new age.

Ok, I'll bite...how is the quest for knowledge (in any form other than religious knowledge) related to satan or the devil? Vanity/envy was Eve's failing. The quest for knowledge is hardly evidence of a desire to be god.

TheDivingPreacher:
Really, what makes you think you will make it till dinner tonight? What makes you think you have more than another breath. The analogy is right on the money.

It's not for YOU to judge the state of my house, friend. You have NO idea my relationship to God or anyone else's relationship to God...that's why it's called a PERSONAL relationship.

Don't you understand that screaming is perhaps the worst and least effective way of sharing the Gospel (which means GOOD NEWS by the way...but you knew that) It wasn't the way Jesus spoke, it wasn't the way Peter spoke, it wasn't the way Paul spoke and it certainly shouldn't be the model that YOU as a spokesperson for God should be taking.

The very fact that you currently have a number of people on here who are amazing Christians deeply disturbed and troubled by your methodology and you have a large group of non-Christians and lurkers deeply disgusted by "another Christian blowhard screaming fire and brimstone" to me very clearly indicates that your "burning house" style is deeply flawed.

I'll ask you again...where is the Love of Christ in your method? Where is the still small voice of one knocking on your door and waiting patiently? Where is free will? Where is the "many are called but few are chosen"?

Sorry, I just see the entire "scream the world to Christ" method as a complete and utter distortion and abhoration which does far more to damage God's reputation among men than almost anything else.

TheDivingPreacher:
A major concept behind evolution is that we do not need God to explain our universe. WE are figuring it out on our own. We are getting better and better and smarter and smarter and will one day build ships and fly around like star trek.

Same thought, new age.

In other words...

God gave us minds but we must not strive for knowlege
God gave us curiosity but we must not question
God gave us tongues but we must not speak out
God gave us will but we must not dissent

I'm beginning to get the picture.

Some here have really latched onto that word, but there is nobody here screaming. But I think this is where I entered this thread. All viewpoints are acceptable with the exception of the one that says there is absolute truth and all others are wrong.

I do have great respect for all the people who have posted in this thread even if I do not have respect for their position. I defend their right to hold it however, I hope you can distinguish the difference.

May God bless you all,
Jeff

Well...I guess some Christians believe that they have perfect and complete understanding of everything in the Bible...any reading other than the one they have chosen to believe is obviously heresy and the rest of us who "claim to be Christians" (which btw is one of the most deeply disrespectful things which has been said in this thread...it is not for ANYONE to judge the state of another's eternal position) are just not omnipotent enough to have stumbled onto the "one true interpretation".

Well friends, my faith is a growing one. I don't need to know the exact details of each and every point and have a total understanding of exactly what God did at any one point in time in the creation of our universe for my faith to be firmly on the rock. Anyone who claims that they and they alone have a monopoly on understanding each and every word and concept and message and verse in the Bible is seriously misguided...and suffering from some major PRIDE issues.

I am humble enough to admit that I often have questions with out answers. I have doubts, fears, unease. I'm constantly challenged by my faith, not only to be a better individual, but also to continue to work out my understandings of the world I live in and observe everyday.

It is simply "running laps" and going no where to make some of the blanket statements which have been made here. I am deeply saddened.

I'm just glad that someday I believe I will have the answers to all my questions. For now, I'm simply enjoying the dialogue of possibilities.

TheDivingPreacher:
Some here have really latched onto that word, but there is nobody here screaming.

For a quick recap...you are the one who indicated that it was your duty to tell people with as much gusto as possible that their house is on fire. If that isn't shouting...I don't know what is...:D

bwerb:
I am humble enough to admit that I often have questions with out answers. I have doubts, fears, unease. I'm constantly challenged by my faith, not only to be a better individual, but also to continue to work out my understandings of the world I live in and observe everyday.

I'm just glad that someday I believe I will have the answers to all my questions. For now, I'm simply enjoying the dialogue of possibilities.

bwerb,

Well said! I too share many of the same thoughts and questions...but, as promised; "One day, all questions will be answered".

Squashie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom