what do your partners think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a newbie to diving but not to marriage counseling. Here's my 2¢ for free:

Maeistero - dive with men, dude! :no

Your fiance is not a diver and doesn't share that social interest with you so she can't come along and be a part. Strike one. She's concerned about your female dive buddies. Strike two. You say she is "understandably" concerned. Strike three. If her concern is understandable to you, then you already know what you need to do as her fiance. Time to step up or step out.

A wise mentor of mine once observed: "In any dynamic team effort involving men and women working together in close proximity with great passion, there is always an undercurrent of eros." That's true even when clothed in neoprene.

If the notion of giving up your female dive buddies bothers you, give up your fiance for her own sake and yours. Better a broken engagement than a bad marriage, believe me. Perhaps the single life would be better suited for you. Then you can dive with whomever you wish, unless of course, your dive buddy's husband is concerned about it. Then she gets the same advice given above.

That's called DIR when it comes to being, and staying, married.:D

silly me, I just want someone who will be a good dive buddy. there to save my bacon if I need help. Dont get me wrong, I am all for mouth to mouth from a woman but if I am unconscious and about to die, I hope I live if I have a male dive buddy.
By the way, in my open water class, my partner was this young good looker. Since I am an old guy I thought this was great and I couldnt wait until we got to the rescue part. But to my dismay, when we got to the rescue, we switched up making the girls go with girls and I got this hairy ugly guy as a partner. Disillusionment plus, believe me.

I have no idea what the concern is. When I climbed regulary, my steady partner for a couple of years was a top female climber. Her husband and my wife were fine with the arrangement. I would expect the same would occur in diving, though I have mostly dove with males. Its not about having sex, its about diving...

rookers:
I have no idea what the concern is. When I climbed regulary, my steady partner for a couple of years was a top female climber. Her husband and my wife were fine with the arrangement. I would expect the same would occur in diving, though I have mostly dove with males. Its not about having sex, its about diving...

hello fellow coloradoan climber! where do you climb?

not about having sex, its about diving...

On that note...

I told an x once "I worry that you don't seem to have ANY female friends"

and he answered, totally seriously: "Why would I be friends with a woman I did not want to have sex with?"

I was shocked. floored.

JB has 0 female friends...I must attract that type. Some men literally have no interest in women as friends...it does make my life very easy, in some ways.

He would never come on here and chat with women, PM them, etc. I have so many male friends and that means a lot to me....people are just so different.

hello fellow coloradoan climber! where do you climb?
I have climbed extensively in Eldorado Canyon (1FA), Boulder Canyon (1FA), the South Platte area (30-35FAs), Yosemite (20FAs), Indian Creek (5FAs), Joshua Tree, Taquitz, Suicide, City Of Rocks and various others. I am semi-retired (partially torn bicep tendon), but still climb occasionally.
However, this is pretty uninteresting to the rest of the folks here, its about diving!

I'm married to the same great gal for over 30 years. She does not SCUBA dive. She loves the ocean-born in Long Beach, Ca-and likes the outdoors, we camp, and ski, etc. I have several great female dive buddies. Sometimes we go on three and four day trips out of Santa Barbara, San Diego etc. I like solo diving, but, when buddies are called for I would much prefer to be diving with someone I know and trust-male or female. It does seem the OP was a bit of a troll. The rest of the thread was/is interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom